Why Syracuse Will Win | Syracusefan.com

Why Syracuse Will Win

SWC75

Bored Historian
- Because two main weapons for the Wildcats, Cain Colter and Venric Mark, are hobbled. They aren't the team we read about.

- Because we out-gained them 596-337 last year. We should have won by 3-4 touchdowns. We may not be as good right now but we can certainly compete with this team.

- If Brandon Reddish had avoided that big lineman, we'd have won. How would you have felt about this game if we were 1-0? Why should you feel any different?

- They don't have an Allen Robinson.

- I think we're going to love this defense. We've got plenty of gristle inside and the defensive end position could be a strength the way Micah Robinson and especially Robert Welsh are playing. Our linebackers are all over the field and our D-backs are going to get plenty more of those interceptions. They are only going to get better and better.

- I think Shafer, McDonald, Allen and the receivers will get thier communication problems fixed. I like the fact that Allen focused on that and declared it a fixable problem. I think we've just seen his worst game of the year.

- Playmakers? I like the Broyld/Estime combination in the slot. I think our wide-outs have a lot more to offer than we saw. I think we'll go to Becket Wales more and more. And Smith, Gulley and Morris are just warming up. We'll be able to out-score a lot of people.

- Our kick coverage is much improved over last year. I don't think Mr. Mark is going anywhere this time.
But George Morris might see an opening.

- All Ross Krautman needs to do is to remember that he's jsut as good as Jeff Budzien. After all, Ross was 18 for 19 on field goals two years ago. It's the muscle memory. Just don't let your conscious mind get in the way.

- If we can make all the various mistakes we did last week and still almost beat Penn State, we can beat Northwestern. We just need to make the most of what we've got.

Last edited:
- ACC refs this week instead of B1G who did us no favors last week vs Penn State or last year vs NW.

Last weeks refs were Big 12, I thought? Either way - yeah they sucked.

Last weeks refs were Big 12, I thought? Either way - yeah they sucked.

Believe OOC refs are from the conference of the road team in regualr season. Bowl games will have refs from non affiliated conference.

Believe OOC refs are from the conference of the road team in regualr season. Bowl games will have refs from non affiliated conference.

I thought they said during the game they were Big 12 refs as well. Also to be honest, I thought the refs let both teams play.

I thought they said during the game they were Big 12 refs as well. Also to be honest, I thought the refs let both teams play.

Could've been. I was at the game and thought they were suspect, namely in spotting the ball. We were losing 1/2 yard+ on most spots and obviously we didn't need help slowing down.

Could've been. I was at the game and thought they were suspect, namely in spotting the ball. We were losing 1/2 yard+ on most spots and obviously we didn't need help slowing down.

To be honest IO I didn't notice the spots but I really wasn't watching that. A lot of holding went on by both o-lines that I didn't think were called...so I just have to assume they were Big 12 refs because we know they love their offense. :)

To be honest IO I didn't notice the spots but I really wasn't watching that. A lot of holding went on by both o-lines that I didn't think were called...so I just have to assume they were Big 12 refs because we know they love their offense. :)

If the refs wanted to, they could call holding on most every play of every game. The formation penalty irked me because it didnt appear any different then how we lined up the rest of the game but it did wipe out a 9 yard gain. There was another play where our WR caught the ball and took it down to their 29 and the refs promptly spotted it at the 31 and there was no way he was down. No worries anymore, as it pertains to todays game though, I'm still salty about the refs hit OOB call from the NW game last year.

"No worries anymore, as it pertains to todays game though, I'm still salty about the refs hit OOB call from the NW game last year."

I'm with you there!

I agree about the holding but there were time that it actually impeded the defensive player which to me, then it has to be called. Formation penalties always irk the hell out of me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom