Why we can't move forward with HCSS | Syracusefan.com

Why we can't move forward with HCSS

xRaze44

Walk On
It's a disappointment. It really is. This season was loaded with injuries, our defense always bailed us out but the offense could never produce. Look, Shaf is a great man and I have a ton of respect for him but that punt was the last straw for me. You're down 3-7, you are at midfield on 4th & 1 and you punt it. To me that's absolutely gutless, embarrassing, and most of all like he was giving up. If you have nothing to lose, truly absolutely nothing and you don't have enough faith in your team to get 1 yard, 36 inches, then that shows true weakness. Even if you are up by 100 or getting your butt whopped you still do not give in. You still play hard and you still play like the game is tied and you need a score to win it. YOU NEVER GIVE UP! And Shafer gave up. Look, he coaches with a lot of heart and passion but he only knows defense. Yes, defense is extremely important but if you can't score you can't win. I do not know about firing, but if I'm Darryl Gross I would certainly look at the options.

It's a disappointment. It really is. This season was loaded with injuries, our defense always bailed us out but the offense could never produce. Look, Shaf is a great man and I have a ton of respect for him but that punt was the last straw for me. You're down 3-7, you are at midfield on 4th & 1 and you punt it. To me that's absolutely gutless, embarrassing, and most of all like he was giving up. If you have nothing to lose, truly absolutely nothing and you don't have enough faith in your team to get 1 yard, 36 inches, then that shows true weakness. Even if you are up by 100 or getting your butt whopped you still do not give in. You still play hard and you still play like the game is tied and you need a score to win it. YOU NEVER GIVE UP! And Shafer gave up. Look, he coaches with a lot of heart and passion but he only knows defense. Yes, defense is extremely important but if you can't score you can't win. I do not know about firing, but if I'm Darryl Gross I would certainly look at the options.

I'm goin' the other way.

Keep Mcdonald as Recruiting coordinator with a bigger number, stay on top of the offensive coaching, hope everyone doesn't get hurt.

He'll learn that pool parties don't work

You might want to add these thoughts to some of the existin threads on this topic ...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom