Wildhack on Orange Nation | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack on Orange Nation

SWC75

Bored Historian
...in the next few minutes.

or AM 1200, or FM 97.7 in Syracuse WTLA-AM

Ticket sales have past Clemson ??? Wow hope some of them show up !

"The scheduling model works well for us. We wanted Pitt and BC, (also Louisville) every year. We have a large alumni base in California and the bay area. I was never a fan of the divisions. We've played Florida State and Clemson 14 times. Now we'll play them 6 times in 7 years and never in the same year. It was a difficult process. One requested scheduling change required 72 other changes. We still haven't hosted Miami since we joined the conference and now we will next year."

On the last four weeks, he said that he divides the season into thirds. "We did well in the first third. We didn't in the second third and I'm hopeful we can do well in the last third." What if we wind up 6-6? "We're not going to apologize for the wins or make excuses for the losses." If things go poorly would he make an in season move? "Bill Parcells said that waiting is a beautiful deodorant." [So is sunshine.] He referenced our success in 2019 and our great start in 2022.

Paulie asked if we could ever get back to the MacPherson-Pasqualoni Era, where we "won a lot of games and were beating SEC schools in bowl games". John said that SEC schools have benefits from a "population shift and massive investments by the schools".

What does SU need to do "not to fall behind in the offseason"? Johns aid that "our NIL is better than perceive. Donors step up in a quiet way. . We've just started Orange United and have a goal of $500,000. Athletes Who Care has been around for a couple of years. If people who could give $10.00 a month and if local businesses could get involved, we can meet our goal. The Football Opps center and the improvement to the Dome, along with a state of the art indoor facility will help us. Ticket sales for the BC game have exceeded he Clemson game. [?!?] Dwight Freeney will be honors. We may even try to suit him up for a couple plays."

The men's and women's basketball teams will be deeper and more athletic so he's looking forward to their seasons.

I only heard the first half because I had to leave and don’t get the channel where I am (was streaming on Wi-Fi) but it sounds like an in season firing is technically on the table but I think it would take another blowout or two. JW wouldn’t rule it out which is telling.

It also seemed (imo) that a bowl game will save him. Ugh. 2025 would be a rough year to break a new coach in.

So the goal is a bowl. Should be the minimum.
and that was the expectation that JW laid out 2 years ago at the end of 2021 season but most don't want to hear it, listen to it, remember it or whatever you want to call it. Agree with it or disagree with it. I do agree that the last 4 weeks have been horrendous and completely ridiculous really but there is still a chance to right the ship and until there isn't I am not sure what people expect JW to say. It will play itself out for sure

So the goal is a bowl. Should be the minimum.
he's not gonna say anything inflammatory about a coach who has been nothing but professional throughout. There's no need to if you sit in that seat as a rep of the university.

these interviews are more telling when he drops the excuse narrative about population shifts and investments in the SEC, etc. Also explaining that our donors aren't big mouth types who want to be in the news for making the donation.

I still think Dino is on thin ice but that's something we'll find out when he pulls the plug. This won't be a leaked dismissal or a leaked thin ice story.

The narrative is already around the bowl game and he seems to be kinda moving off that. Another nugget in this.

JW said we have a good recruiting class coming in ranked 12 out of 17 In the ACC. That means we are 12 of 14 without the new schools. He thinks that’s good? It pathetic. Number 53 will not close the gap on anyone in the ACC. If we aren’t at least top 30 we are not going to have winning ACC records. John is being as naive as Dino. It’s pretty sad.

Looking at Tailgate numbers for Friday night

Ticket sales are heavily being pushed by parents weekend

Which is good but

Also look at the TM map, can’t be true LOL

Last edited:
...in the next few minutes.

or AM 1200, or FM 97.7 in Syracuse WTLA-AM

Is this a normally scheduled interview time/cadence he has or was this put on the calendar for JW?

We went 7-5 last year. We have an easier schedule this year. Going 6-6 is a step in the wrong direction. If this were year 3 of the Dino era, no biggie. But this is year 8. When you evaluate the entirety of the 8 years and only go 6-6 this year with 3 complete no show national TV embarrassments, how in the hell do you retain him? That tells me SU does not care.

How the heck does SU expect people to contribute to NIL when they do not have any faith in Dino?

We wanted Louisville? Why? Overall we have played horrible against them, especially there. It isn't a desirable location and is not a drivable game for our fans or alumni. The Virginia and Carolina schools are all closer, and more desirable. Did JW only ask Julie? Also we have no real history with Louisville and there is nothing in common with the schools academically or institutionally. They should be our least desirable opponent.

The more he talks the less faith I have in him.

Should a coach be fired after a bowl game?

Should a coach be fired before a bowl game?

Should a coach be fired during the regular season?

JW said we have a good recruiting class coming in ranked 12 out of 17 In the ACC. That means we are 12 of 14 without the new schools. He thinks that’s good? It pathetic. Number 53 will not close the gap on anyone in the ACC. If we aren’t at least top 30 we are not going to have winning ACC records. John is being as naive as Dino. It’s pretty sad.
He knows it's not good - it's why i take all these things with a grain of salt. Most of the stuff said is fluff or insulting to our intelligence as fans.

We went 7-5 last year. We have an easier schedule this year. Going 6-6 is a step in the wrong direction. If this were year 3 of the Dino era, no biggie. But this is year 8. When you evaluate the entirety of the 8 years and only go 6-6 this year with 3 complete no show national TV embarrassments, how in the hell do you retain him? That tells me SU does not care.

How the heck does SU expect people to contribute to NIL when they do not have any faith in Dino?

We wanted Louisville? Why? Overall we have played horrible against them, especially there. It isn't a desirable location and is not a drivable game for our fans or alumni. The Virginia and Carolina schools are all closer, and more desirable. Did JW only ask Julie? Also we have no real history with Louisville and there is nothing in common with the schools academically or institutionally. They should be our least desirable opponent.

The more he talks the less faith I have in him.

I like John Wildhack a lot, good guy, knows the landscape, understands SU's postion within the D1 landscape and made the needed moves for Lax or Bball when a coaching change was indicated. I have faith he understands where we stand with Dino right now and bringing him back barring him going 3-1 or 4-0 down the stretch would be a massive mistake.

That said the Lville comment doesn't add up neither does his claim that SU has sold more tickets now for Friday then they did for the entire Clemson game when the Ticketmaster map looks horrendous.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom