Wildhack rolls the dice! | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Wildhack rolls the dice!

Some hedging bets in here in case things don't work out it seems like. I like the hire. JW from what Jake mentioned had to deal with a huge case of rich donor crazy behind the scenes. Grabbed a rising talent off the best program in the country and he is not only a top recruiter but you could say owns NJ. His impact is already being felt on the recruiting side. JW I am sure grilled Brown on staff, contacts, philosophy on offense and defense. Honestly what is not to like that can't be addressed with a staff hire. I am good to go.

Who is managing the team and players now? Portal opens Monday. Are the current assistants interviewing players for Fran? Wildhack? Herm? Seems kind of crucial.

I have no idea if this will work out or not so I will shut up and support the decision, but I do know that of the three "finalists", Brown is the riskiest.
Jason Candle and Bob Chesney both had years of successful HC experience.

Advantages
  • Likely to get some buzz if only because Brown is a Georgia guy.
  • Smart will give him a good send-off.
  • He does have some extensive recruiting experience in the NE
  • He has seen the best program in the country up close.
  • Georgia is disciplined
  • He must have had one helluva interview so he can sell himself.
  • The kids will probably love him and be impressed with his Georgia cred.
Risks
  • His recruiting at Georgia doesn't impress much as most could recruit for Georgia.
  • His recruiting at Rutgers does not seem to be anything special.
  • A position coach has the biggest jump to HC
  • Rivals will negatively recruit against us for his inexperience
  • He might have a tough time putting a good staff together.
  • No bump in ticket sales.
  • Criticism from the press.
Wildhack has swung for the fences. He will either be hailed as a genius or a turkey. We all need to hope he connects!
I am all in because - well, why not!

29 hours later... has the press criticized this?

Honestly, I have seen so little critcism its kind of shocking. I think all agree its a calculated risk.

But, the Jimmy Sexton thing gets me. He has 11/14 SEC Head coaches as clients. All but 2 of his clients are Head Coaches. I want to say 1 was Jeff Lebby who was OC. The other... was Fran Brown. The only client of his that is a positional coach. And had only 1 who was a coordinator but is also already a HC. The industry knew Brown was the real deal.

Still a calculated risk... but I am all in for it now.

And the wears hats with the best of them. I can't wait to see what he goes with at the PC. Does he go conservative with a Blue hat? Does he go a little wild with an Orange hat? does he shock us with gray or white or heck camo? Sticker on or off? He has SERIOUS hat swag.

Honestly, I have seen so little critcism its kind of shocking. I think all agree its a calculated risk.

But, the Jimmy Sexton thing gets me. He has 11/14 SEC Head coaches as clients. All but 2 of his clients are Head Coaches. I want to say 1 was Jeff Lebby who was OC. The other... was Fran Brown. The only client of his that is a positional coach. And had only 1 who was a coordinator but is also already a HC. The industry knew Brown was the real deal.

And the wears hats with the best of them. I can't wait to see what he goes with at the PC. Does he go conservative with a Blue hat? Does he go a little wild with an Orange hat? does he shock us with gray or white or heck camo? Sticker on or off? He has SERIOUS hat swag.
Yup. Jimmy Sexton knows

Well well well. He went white. Pretty shocking as I said. Adds even more intrigue to what he rocks tomorrow. Did not know that was possible!

https://twitter.com/cusefootball/status/1731390789110923664?s=46&t=RCU6IifMq_NjNygTj7Zlpw