Winngest programs since 2008-09 update | Syracusefan.com

Winngest programs since 2008-09 update

moqui

generational talent
Here is the latest update. Syracuse entered the season in 3rd place, trailing Kansas by 9 wins and Duke by 5. We caught Duke last night and now trail Kansas by only 3 games.
In the chart below, the schools in red are schools that have won the national title in this period; the schools in blue have made the Final Four; the number of asterisks following a team's name indicates the number of Final Four appearances in this period. 17 of the 20 FF teams are among the top 25 in wins. The outliers are Michigan and Villanova, who are tied at 42nd place with 142 wins, and West Virginia, tied at 65th at 120 wins.

Duke plays tonight and can move alone into 2nd place with a win; they will have played one more game than SU.

azri.jpg

Where's Ucon?

moqui said:
tied for 24th

For some reason on my phone the chart only goes to 22nd then everything below that is greyed out.

Interesting, but whats the significance from starting in 08-09??
Knicks is right; in earlier versions that I have posted I explained that 2009 marked the year of SU's re-emergence after four straight years without an NCAA win and three straight years of NIT-caliber teams.

if I started with the 2010 squad, we'd be alone in 2nd place in both wins & winning percentage

Here is the latest update. Syracuse entered the season in 3rd place, trailing Kansas by 9 wins and Duke by 5. We caught Duke last night and now trail Kansas by only 3 games.
In the chart below, the schools in red are schools that have won the national title in this period; the schools in blue have made the Final Four; the number of asterisks following a team's name indicates the number of Final Four appearances in this period. 17 of the 20 FF teams are among the top 25 in wins. The outliers are Michigan and Villanova, who are tied at 42nd place with 142 wins, and West Virginia, tied at 65th at 120 wins.

Duke plays tonight and can move alone into 2nd place with a win; they will have played one more game than SU.

azri.jpg

FYI: according to those numbers, Duke and Cuse will have played the same amount of games after tonight.

Where is Gtown? I figured they would be up there... oh well :noidea:

Nicely done.

I'll mention a couple of corrections: In this time period Duke has one Final Four not two and UConn has two not one.

i like to use that year as reference since that is post MeloCenter

Also, as Boeheim noted during that Gameday interview, 2009-2010 was the first year that we played 100% zone (except, of course, for our first exhibition).

While that rationale is good enough, I also prefer to start with 2009-2010 because that marked the beginning of our full team's commitment to defense itself, regardless of what shape it took. The previous two teams had a couple players who weren't interested in giving effort on defense and generally weren't team-first guys.

The true Golden Era runs from November 2009 through present.

How about 2009-2010 on? That's this decade.

Also, as Boeheim noted during that Gameday interview, 2009-2010 was the first year that we played 100% zone (except, of course, for our first exhibition).

While that rationale is good enough, I also prefer to start with 2009-2010 because that marked the beginning of our full team's commitment to defense itself, regardless of what shape it took. The previous two teams had a couple players who weren't interested in giving effort on defense and generally weren't team-first guys.

The true Golden Era runs from November 2009 through present.

Beat me to it. It all began with that LeMoyne game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom