Winningest Players | Syracusefan.com

Winningest Players

moqui

generational talent
Last night, ESPN put up a graphic about the school's all time winningest players, showing that Kris Joseph was about to tie Sherman Douglas and was just one behind Derrick Coleman and Stevie Thompson as SU's all time winningest players.

That graphic was wrong.

I believe you should only count the games in which players have actually played (otherwise, you have to include Eric Rogers at the top, as there were also 114 victories during his active career, even though he played in fewer than half of them)

The correct (IMO) figures are:

Stevie played every game of his career, so his 114 are legit
DC missed on game, which the Orange won, so his total is 113
Sherman missed 5 games during which SU was 4-1, so his total is 109
Joseph has missed 5 games during which SU was 2-3, so his total is 111

Last night, ESPN put up a graphic about the school's all time winningest players, showing that Kris Joseph was about to tie Sherman Douglas and was just one behind Derrick Coleman and Stevie Thompson as SU's all time winningest players.

That graphic was wrong.

I believe you should only count the games in which players have actually played (otherwise, you have to include Eric Rogers at the top, as there were also 114 victories during his active career, even though he played in fewer than half of them)

The correct (IMO) figures are:

Stevie played every game of his career, so his 114 are legit
DC missed on game, which the Orange won, so his total is 113
Sherman missed 5 games during which SU was 4-1, so his total is 109
Joseph has missed 5 games during which SU was 2-3, so his total is 111
Isn't Brandon going to shatter that next year??

from your lips to God's ears
I went on record in January that next years team will be better than this years. I think the offense has the potential to be uber good next year. Brandon will break this record in January.

Unless I am doing this wrong, Kris gets credit for:

26 of SU's 28 wins his Frosh Season
30 of SU's 30 wins his Soph Season
27 of SU's 27 wins his Junior Season
28 of SU's 28 wins this Season

Barring injury he and Brandon will each play in the same number of wins this season. Brandon will start next season 26 wins behind Kris. I don't think it is a given that he will shatter Kris' mark, whatever it ends up being. To do it, Brandon will have to stay healthy and we will have to have a 27+ win season. Would certainly seem to be something that would be within reach, but I wouldn't mark it down as a given.

I went on record in January that next years team will be better than this years. I think the offense has the potential to be uber good next year. Brandon will break this record in January.
25 wins by January? Legoooooooooooo

BT is gonna have a crazy regular season winning percentage;

he's 85-14 in the regular season so far.

Also, if we get to 30 regular season wins this year, that be the 3rd time since 1990. BT would have been here for 2 of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Foxda130

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom