Winningest programs, last 5 years | Syracusefan.com

Winningest programs, last 5 years

moqui

generational talent
Winningest programs since the 2008-09 season. Listing just those with at least 130 wins in that period.

ncaawinningest200913.jpg

Key: Schools in italics have made a Final Four over this period; schools with a * have made two Final Fours; schools in bold have won a national title.

The outlier here is UConn, which has been to two Final Fours and won a title, but is only 29th in total wins and just 35th in win percentage.

The outlier here is UConn, which has been to two Final Fours and won a title, but is only 29th in total wins and just 35th in win percentage.

There is a lot to be said about winning a national championship.

There is a lot to be said about winning a national championship.
I would absolutely trade our last five years for theirs . . . on the court, that is. Off court, not at all.

I would absolutely trade our last five years for theirs . . . on the court, that is. Off court, not at all.
Well just about every program has sold their soul to win a National Championship.....except Kentucky. Common belief is that their day will come. Hopefully sooner than later.

Winningest programs since the 2008-09 season. Listing just those with at least 130 wins in that period.

ncaawinningest200913.jpg

Key: Schools in italics have made a Final Four over this period; schools with a * have made two Final Fours; schools in bold have won a national title.
Know what sticks out? The top seven - all BCS conference schools, all have a Final Four. Next seven are not BCS conference schools - only two schools have a final four.

Chart also seems to suggest that if you keep winning basketball games, eventually you find tourney success too.

yep . . . even Pitt has that big, beautiful CBI trophy
05-09-08_gibbs_original.jpg
Those are about the facial expressions I'd expect for a CBI championship celebration.

What do you even do with that thing? You can't display it. Give it to a wealthy alum that doesn't know any better?

4 out of the top 7 have a title.

kansas, would be the 5th of the 7, won the last game before this list started.

4 out of the top 7 have a title.

kansas, would be the 5th of the 7, won the last game before this list started.
yep . . . 5 years might seem arbitrary, but I date the resurgence of the SU program to that season. Prior to that, SU had gone 4 years without an NCAA tourney victory and had fielded 3 NIT-caliber squads (two that actually went to the NIT and the 2006 team that would have been NIT bound had it not won the BET . . . I think that was the worst squad that SU has fielded in the last 25+ seasons).

yep . . . even Pitt has that big, beautiful CBI trophy
05-09-08_gibbs_original.jpg

This would be a great caption contest picture

"Alright man you only get 1 picture and I hope it doesn't turn out clearly"

also note that in 2015, the ACC will field the 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 6th and 17th winningest schools of the last half decade.

ncaawinningest200913.jpg

Another cool fact: during this same period we have beaten these teams from the list:
Kansas, Louisville, UNC, Memphis, Gonzaga, SDSU, Michigan St., Pittsburgh, Florida

Put differently, and maybe more impressively: The only team on this list that we have played at least once and not beaten in the past 5 years is Butler. Edit: Oops and Ohio State.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom