Wisconsin fires Paul Chryst / hires Luke Fickell | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Wisconsin fires Paul Chryst / hires Luke Fickell

I don't understand why he would, even with the Fickell connection. He has an amazing QB for 2 more seasons, and I would think that UNC pays better than Wisconsin.

I don't understand why he would, even with the Fickell connection. He has an amazing QB for 2 more seasons, and I would think that UNC pays better than Wisconsin.
Not sure about the salary. Fickell will make $7.9 million per year at Wisconsin and Mack makes $5 million at UNC. Now that doesn't tell you what the assistants will make, but I think it gives a pretty good idea of the available money pool. The Big 10 has a lot of money to throw around.

Jaime Beck liked this tweet...

There are lots of vacancies out there. What will be will be. Hopefully ADJW and Dino are on top of things, it could be a roller coaster ride this offseason.

Not sure about the salary. Fickell will make $7.9 million per year at Wisconsin and Mack makes $5 million at UNC. Now that doesn't tell you what the assistants will make, but I think it gives a pretty good idea of the available money pool. The Big 10 has a lot of money to throw around.
I agree though Cincy was willing to match the $7.9MM that Wisconsin gave to Fickell. I believe that if Mack went to UNC and said, "pay me $8MM or I leave", that they would. I also believe that UNC would put up more for the assistants though who knows.

Jaime Beck liked this tweet...

There will be a lot of candidates for that role. Beck should apply. I doubt he would get it though it is definitely in his interest to try. I know I would.