wisconsin lost at home to northwestern??? | Syracusefan.com

wisconsin lost at home to northwestern???

Oof.
Things suddenly looking gloomy in Madison.

(I'd still be scared to death of them in the tourney, though)

Between this, the win over IU, the win over Illinois, and the win over Purdue (all with 2-stars, and all in his first year as HC), I think Collins may have grabbed clubhouse leader status for succeeding K in 6 or 7 years...

BfMy_BsCAAAO5yt.png

Between that game and The Ohio State University losing at home to Penn State, I really gotta question the question the quality depth of the conference. Of couse, all the pro-big10 people will say its because of the strength of the bottom of the conference. I'm not buying it.

Between this, the win over IU, the win over Illinois, and the win over Purdue (all with 2-stars, and all in his first year as HC), I think Collins may have grabbed clubhouse leader status for succeeding K in 6 or 7 years...
I agree that he is the front-runner .. and have always thought so ... even when Dawkins went to Stanford before Chris went to Northwestern. He's a delightful person ... with a really good basketball mind.

Interesting sidelight: Chris and Mike Hopkins have become good friends through their work together on the staff of the US Olympic team. (They worked like 20 hours a day watching games and breaking down film in London). Not hard to imagine them as the next generation of coaches at their two alma maters).

Between that game and The Ohio State University losing at home to Penn State, I really gotta question the question the quality depth of the conference. Of couse, all the pro-big10 people will say its because of the strength of the bottom of the conference. I'm not buying it.

Yeah I dunno, once you get into league play its hard to say. I'm sure when it happens in our league we would be singing a different tune, but not totally sure.

Wisconsin did some really good work OOC though. Beat Florida at home, beat St. Louis in a neutral, and won @UVA. Those are 3 high quality wins, it's hard for me to hand wave those away.
Ohio State, on the other hand; they won @ Marquette, who is 57 in Pomeroy. That's their best win all year. They have no other top 70 KP wins.

Ohio State is a bubble team. Listen in 2010-2011 season we got beat by Seton Hall in the Dome. Good teams have What losses, but the B1G is overrated. Its 4 deep Michigan State, Michigan, Iowa, Wisconsin are locks Minnesota, Ohio State, Indiana are bubble teams.

Yeah I dunno, once you get into league play its hard to say. I'm sure when it happens in our league we would be singing a different tune, but not totally sure.

Wisconsin did some really good work OOC though. Beat Florida at home, beat St. Louis in a neutral, and won @UVA. Those are 3 high quality wins, it's hard for me to hand wave those away.
Ohio State, on the other hand; they won @ Marquette, who is 57 in Pomeroy. That's their best win all year. They have no other top 70 KP wins.
yeah OSU might seriously be bubble bound

Ohio State hasn't beaten a team that's probably gonna make the tournament. That has to be scary for them. Their next 2 are @Wisconsin and @Iowa. I know Wisconsin is struggling, but you could be looking at 3-7 in the league. They get Michigan and Michigan State at home. If they finish 500 in the league and that includes a win against one of those 2, does that get them in?

Their RPI is still strong (as of now) but yeah, I would think they'll have to at least be .500 b1g to get in

Ohio State hasn't beaten a team that's probably gonna make the tournament. That has to be scary for them. Their next 2 are @Wisconsin and @Iowa. I know Wisconsin is struggling, but you could be looking at 3-7 in the league. They get Michigan and Michigan State at home. If they finish 500 in the league and that includes a win against one of those 2, does that get them in?
Wins over Notre Dame at MSG, and @Marquette do them very little good. Doing my S-Curves I haven't really studied the bottom of the bubble as closely as I will in the future, but they aren't close right now to being a tournament team. Craft makes Rajon Rondo's shooting ability look like Ray Allen. Their best scorer LaQuinton Ross isn't consistent, and they have no post-game. They are Syracuse without C.J. Fair, and if Ennis couldn't shoot.

Ohio State's remaining schedule
@Wisconsin
@Iowa
Purdue
Michigan
@Illinois
Northwestern
Minnesota
@Penn State
@Indiana
Michigan State

they need to beat Purdue, @Illinois, Northwestern, Minnesota for sure. That gets them to 7 B1G wins and they need to win 2 of @Wisconsin, @Iowa, Michigan, @Indiana, Michigan State for sure to be 9-9. I think to feel safe they need 3 of those 5 and no losses to the other 4.

I think Ohio State's chance to make the field are about 60% just because I think they will win those 4 games and then win 2 of those 5 games and unless I look the bubble and see better resumes atleast they have those 2 wins away from home against mediocre teams in @Marquette and Notre Dame-MSG. They are lucky ND melted them game away to them at MSG or the would need 3 of 5 to have a chance.

Stop hating on The Ohio State. They have the best point guard in the entire nation! Craft is the best defender the world has ever seen! Without him they wouldn't win ten freaking games! Not ten!

(Just puked on myself)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom