wisconsin, pitt, miami, clemson | Syracusefan.com

wisconsin, pitt, miami, clemson

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
wisconsin - 4 pt lead with 2 minutes left

pitt - 8 pt lead with 13 minutes left, 1 pt lead with 4 minutes left

miami - 8 pt lead at half, tied with 5 minutes left

clemson - 4 pt lead with 1 minute left

even if we just split those games we're in ok shape. yet we somehow lost all of them

That's what is so frustrating with this team. They can't finish games. They always find a way to lose.

even if we just split those games we're in ok shape. yet we somehow lost all of them

Hence why it's so critical to have a lead guard in crunch time that can actually lead.

That's what is so frustrating with this team. They can't finish games. They always find a way to lose.
And we've seen plenty of SU teams that always seemed to find a way to win. Sometimes it's a thin line between greatness and something far different.

except Bahamas, against teams as good as or better than the 4 listed :confused::crazy:

And we've seen plenty of SU teams that always seemed to find a way to win. Sometimes it's a thin line between greatness and something far different.

Yep, and I would imagine the main pieces in many of those preceding puzzles, generally were due to solid leadership and decision making prowess.

except Bahamas, against teams as good as or better than the 4 listed :confused::crazy:

I think the team's unconscious shooting from behind the arc hid a lot of their flaws in Atlantis. They haven't shot like that since.

I think the team's unconscious shooting from behind the arc hid a lot of their flaws in Atlantis. They haven't shot like that since.
Sure that was a big part of it, but they just did everything better there - FT shooting, defense, ball movement, overall energy

Bad teams find a way to blow games. Just look at the 2015 NY Giants.

This is why it is imperative to have a quality PG to not only handle the ball in more stressful situations, but to also help insure the team gets good looks with under 10 on the clock.

How many TO's do we have in those 4 situations? I'm guessing double digits.

Turning the ball over and not getting good shots is a recipe for losing a lead late. FT's too.

We made 13 3's last night at a solid clip (38%) and rebounded as well as we have at pretty much any point this year. We still lost. To freakin' Clemson...

The biggest problem, besides the usual ones (depth, PG, defense, coaching and rebounding) has been the complete disappearance of Tyler Lydon. He was the difference maker in the Bahamas. He's taking up 30 minutes on the floor and not providing nearly the impact he did early in the year.

We made 13 3's last night at a solid clip (38%) and rebounded as well as we have at pretty much any point this year. We still lost. To freakin' Clemson...

The biggest problem, besides the usual ones (depth, PG, defense, coaching and rebounding) has been the complete disappearance of Tyler Lydon. He was the difference maker in the Bahamas. He's taking up 30 minutes on the floor and not providing nearly the impact he did early in the year.

I think teams have figured out that we can be torched in the paint. I don't remember exactly how well UConn and aTm attacked down low, but it wasn't as bad for us as it has been lately, was it? Interior defense is our achilles heel.

I think the announcers made a fair point when they said, the first time he just caught the ball and released in rhythm, no thought behind it, he buried it. He looked like that in the Bahamas, since then everything looks so tentative.

I think the announcers made a fair point when they said, the first time he just caught the ball and released in rhythm, no thought behind it, he buried it. He looked like that in the Bahamas, since then everything looks so tentative.
Exactly. Same thing with Roberson on his mid-range jumper. No chance he makes it when he hesitates, but when he gets the ball and goes up smoothly, he has a great shot of knocking it down.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom