With Bernie already tried and convicted in public, where is the arrest? | Syracusefan.com

With Bernie already tried and convicted in public, where is the arrest?

liljoe

Scout Team
Everyone (outside of the SPD, Secret Service, DA and states attorney) seems to believe it's already proven, mainly because of the tape, that Bernie is a child molester. That was the real turning point of public opinion, the tape.

So where is the arrest? If it is now obvious that Bernie is guilty, why hasn't he been arrest? Clearly, law enforcement must have some valid reason to question his guilt..

So again, where is the arrest? At this moment, Bernie could freely walk right on to an airplane and head to Argentina. Heck, he could dress up as a Santa right now and hang out at the mall, all those children sitting on his lap, and he couldn't be stopped (legally).

The police and secret service have all the evidence, more than what we have, so why is he free to run around?

There is something we don't know that is causing law efforcement to hold off...

Statute of Limitations. He can't be prosecuted for whatever (if anything) he did to those boys so long ago. He can only be prosecuted if a current molestation victim alleges something new. So far, no other victims have alleged current abuse. This is unusual, since usually one accusation going public causes a bunch of other victims to come forward. The fact that no current cases have been alleged is why a great many people are skeptical of the original accusers.

But what about Tomaselli. He's only 23. I am reading sit now that says (for PA) " The statute of limitations was extended to give the Commonwealth until the child victim’s 50th birthday, to file charges. "

and the prior law was "On August 27, 2002, the statute of limitations for child sexual abuse was extended to 12 years after the victim’s 18th birthday. "

http://www.pcar.org/policy/statute-of-limitations-child-abuse

Statute of Limitations. He can't be prosecuted for whatever (if anything) he did to those boys so long ago. He can only be prosecuted if a current molestation victim alleges something new. So far, no other victims have alleged current abuse. This is unusual, since usually one accusation going public causes a bunch of other victims to come forward. The fact that no current cases have been alleged is why a great many people are skeptical of the original accusers.

If there is no prosecutable crime, how do they get the search warrant? I would see that as a violation of our protections against search and seizure. Those warrants are given to prove an existing crime, not to look for a crime.

Everyone (outside of the SPD, Secret Service, DA and states attorney) seems to believe it's already proven, mainly because of the tape, that Bernie is a child molester. That was the real turning point of public opinion, the tape.

So where is the arrest? If it is now obvious that Bernie is guilty, why hasn't he been arrest? Clearly, law enforcement must have some valid reason to question his guilt..

So again, where is the arrest? At this moment, Bernie could freely walk right on to an airplane and head to Argentina. Heck, he could dress up as a Santa right now and hang out at the mall, all those children sitting on his lap, and he couldn't be stopped (legally).

The police and secret service have all the evidence, more than what we have, so why is he free to run around?

There is something we don't know that is causing law efforcement to hold off...
Its not a tv show or movie either, things take time in the real world...Oh Lord

Simple - they haven't finished their investigation yet.

And that is exactly my point.. With all the overwhelming "evidence" in public, what's missing? You can arrest before completing an investigation if there is probable cause.

Its not a tv show or movie either, things take time in the real world...Oh Lord

Not sure of your point. I'm guessing you are suggesting I expected this to be cleared up in an hour, which is clearly not relevant to my point.

When a threat to public safety is identified, an arrest can be made. I would think there is more than enough probable cause at this point.

Maybe it'll be found that the Feds didn't react fast enough and there are kids being molested as a result. It which case ESPN will call for Robert S. Mueller, III to resign, not sure how secure Obama will be in all this.

I'm in the small camp that believes Bernie should still be on adminstrative leave. And I think he's probably guilty. But I wouldn't have fired him until he was arrested.

I would suggest you go back to high school and take a criminal justice or government class.

If there is no prosecutable crime, how do they get the search warrant? I would see that as a violation of our protections against search and seizure. Those warrants are given to prove an existing crime, not to look for a crime.
The feds are investigating the claim that Fine molested Tomaselli in Pittsburgh after transporting him across state lines. That was supposed to have happened in 2002 (I think), and the SOL for the relevant federal crimes was eliminated in (again, think it was) 2006. Thus the feds have a valid case for this accuser, and it was a federal warrant that was served at Fine's home.

I would suggest you go back to high school and take a criminal justice or government class.

Why, what did I miss? I am actually rather well schooled in those topics, so I am guessing I must have missed a major change..."

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom