With the NCAA putting a regional in Indianapolis 2 yr in a row except a B1G team to be 2 seed in MSG | Syracusefan.com

With the NCAA putting a regional in Indianapolis 2 yr in a row except a B1G team to be 2 seed in MSG

Alsacs

Living Legend
regional.

Typically, I start looking at potential NCAA Tournament bracketing when the New Year starts and conference play begins.

I think that with Ohio State, Michigan State, Wisconsin all looking like legit top 8 teams and in contention for 1/2 seeds that the best of those 3 teams will be the 1 seed in Indianapolis. Which means that the other 2 will have to be other regions, and with the East at MSG. I think one of them will end up their as a 2 seed unless Nova goes crazy during Big East play and snags that 2 seed.

I think the 1 seeds/2 seeds will come Arizona, Baylor, Duke, Kansas, Michigan State, Ohio State, Oklahoma State, Syracuse or others I am blanking on now at the end of the year. So expect come March that if Syracuse is the 1 seed in the East we see one of Ohio State/Wisconsin as our 2 seed because I think Michigan State will end up the top B1G team in Indianapolis.

uconn might be number 1 in the east

Do they have regions in the NIT? I thought the higher seeds just played at home the first few rounds.

Uconn is not winning the whole thing. They may not even win a game in the tourney.

UK will go through the weak SEC like a hot knife through butter. Their only loss is likely to be the road game at Florida and possibly at Tenn. When they compile a huge win streak the media will get behind them as a #1 or #2 seed. Expect it.

UK will go through the weak SEC like a hot knife through butter. Their only loss is likely to be the road game at Florida and possibly at Tenn. When they compile a huge win streak the media will get behind them as a #1 or #2 seed. Expect it.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ I would like nothing better than a shot at those bagmen in the Garden.

One of the reasons you'll never see Calipari coach in a real basketball conference. He dominated at UMass, Memphis and UK against doormat programs, and by doing so ensured an inflated record and multiple high seeds. When you think about it, UK and KU are probably the only two basketball programs out there that a smart coach can milk himself into the HOF with even if he's not HOF material. Those programs recruit for themselves and they are guaranteed about 28 wins a year due to the lousy competition. Cal has to play a tough OOC schedule because the collective RPI of the SEC is dreadful.

Lunardi has Michigan St. as the 2 seed in the East region right now

One of the reasons you'll never see Calipari coach in a real basketball conference. He dominated at UMass, Memphis and UK against doormat programs, and by doing so ensured an inflated record and multiple high seeds. When you think about it, UK and KU are probably the only two basketball programs out there that a smart coach can milk himself into the HOF with even if he's not HOF material. Those programs recruit for themselves and they are guaranteed about 28 wins a year due to the lousy competition. Cal has to play a tough OOC schedule because the collective RPI of the SEC is dreadful.
And they haven't done paricularly well in the ooc. Still would be surprised to see them less than a two seed. They do have talent and should only get better as the year goes on.
An elite eight match up at MSG would be sweeeet.