Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark | Page 19 | Syracusefan.com

Women’s F4/Caitlin Clark

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll have to check her out.

I like watching women's sports because they often display a greater respect for fundamentals. Like with women's lacrosse, its fun to watch the off ball movement.
Agree. It's easier for me to understand some of the strategy and see the plays develop when I watch women's basketball.

I didn't know where else to put this but it's on my mind and I have nobody irl to say it to: Man, I love watching Kelsey Plum play. I have since she was at Washington.

I'm not going to pretend I watch much women's hoop outside of March Madness/WNBA playoffs/UMass when they're good but she is just awesome. Such a good modern point guard and just really crafty. It pains me that I have money on the Liberty because I can't help but root for her when I watch.

I work for one of the WNBA teams and I've grown such an appreciation for the women's game since my time here. Fundamentally, I think it's so much better than the NBA and it's players like KP that really show that.

I work for one of the WNBA teams and I've grown such an appreciation for the women's game since my time here. Fundamentally, I think it's so much better than the NBA and it's players like KP that really show that.
I said something similar to a buddy last night. He actually noticed how good the coaching was as soon as he turned it on in the 4th quarter. No doubt it is much different but if you're just a hoops junkie watching women's basketball is really fun.

The best player on our women's team at my juco would run with our team in the offseason and more than belonged on the court. And iirc besides D3 opportunities the only offer she had was in the MEAC.

The talent is real. Idiots in high school who think they could walk on the court and beat the UConn women or whoever else are clueless.

I said something similar to a buddy last night. He actually noticed how good the coaching was as soon as he turned it on in the 4th quarter. No doubt it is much different but if you're just a hoops junkie watching women's basketball is really fun.

The best player on our women's team at my juco would run with our team in the offseason and more than belonged on the court. And iirc besides D3 opportunities the only offer she had was in the MEAC.

The talent is real. Idiots in high school who think they could walk on the court and beat the UConn women or whoever else are clueless.
And the best women's player in the world is Breanna Stewart. She has the entire package, scores on 3 levels, can break the press, go the length of the floor.
A great passer, and can guard anyone, from inside, and jump out to guard a guick guard.

I really worry for those court stormings and celebratory jumping on players etc. I remember Melo freaked out being on the bottom of our National Championship pile . Our next door neighbor‘s son, a great athlete (basketball and football) a starter for a top public school program in both, scored a last second touchdown in football. He was jumped on by his teammates in the end zone and his leg was severely broken. it took an 8 month rehab, he quit football totally, despite being a star and put all his efforts into basketball. He ended up a great basketball player but hated when fans or teammates would run off the court after wins - he said he adopted Pearl’s example and would skip any celebration and head directly to the locker room. Glad Clark wasn’t injured - looked scary.

I really worry for those court stormings and celebratory jumping on players etc. I remember Melo freaked out being on the bottom of our National Championship pile . Our next door neighbor‘s son, a great athlete (basketball and football) a starter for a top public school program in both, scored a last second touchdown in football. He was jumped on by his teammates in the end zone and his leg was severely broken. it took an 8 month rehab, he quit football totally, despite being a star and put all his efforts into basketball. He ended up a great basketball player but hated when fans or teammates would run off the court after wins - he said he adopted Pearl’s example and would skip any celebration and head directly to the locker room. Glad Clark wasn’t injured - looked scary.
I agree totally. We've had previous threads where our fans have tried to act like it's no big deal and everybody who actually has business being on the court and the courtside spectators just need to watch out. It's just ridiculous! Just stay where you're supposed to be and celebrate there! There's nothing wrong with that.

This is silly. Nobody ran over Clark. The two collided and she either: (a) forgot the game wasn't still happening and flopped; (b) fell over and milked it so she could try to spoil OSU's fun; or (c) whatever higher power is controlling her accidentally hit whatever button causes a spin-move juke. Put differently, she's just fine.

Also, I'm saying this as someone who likes Caitlin Clark. I also hate Ohio State more than the aggregated collective of this board.

This is silly. Nobody ran over Clark. The two collided and she either: (a) forgot the game wasn't still happening and flopped; (b) fell over and milked it so she could try to spoil OSU's fun; or (c) whatever higher power is controlling her accidentally hit whatever button causes a spin-move juke. Put differently, she's just fine.

Also, I'm saying this as someone who likes Caitlin Clark. I also hate Ohio State more than the aggregated collective of this board.
Huh? That was a heck of a collision.

They were both jogging, and Clark did a slow 360 and then fell into the fetal position. We then found out that she wasn't injured. She was clearly--at least in part--pouting because Iowa lost. Also, nobody was "run over." They ran into each other; this is not the end of the world.

They were both jogging, and Clark did a slow 360 and then fell into the fetal position. We then found out that she wasn't injured. She was clearly--at least in part--pouting because Iowa lost. Also, nobody was "run over." They ran into each other; this is not the end of the world.
They hit hard enough they both fell not just Clark. But whatever. Just glad she wasn’t hurt.

They hit hard enough they both fell not just Clark. But whatever. Just glad she wasn’t hurt.
I mean, I'm glad neither of them were hurt.

over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

One of them had business being on the court, one of them did not. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were having a bad night and aren't this stupid.

Last edited:
over your head cosplay GIF by Comic-Con HQ

One of them had business being on the court, one of them did not. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt that you were having a bad night and aren't this stupid.
Oh, Jesus. People rush the court.
It’s part of the game whether anybody likes it or not. Both should have looked where they were going. Caitlin Clark didn’t get “blind sided” or “run over.” It’s on video from 3 angles.

IMO, if Carlin has any ongoing issues from this, Ohio State should be held financially responsible for not protecting the opposing teams players!

Oh, Jesus. People rush the court.
It’s part of the game whether anybody likes it or not. Both should have looked where they were going. Caitlin Clark didn’t get “blind sided” or “run over.” It’s on video from 3 angles.
One was jogging off the court where she just played a game in order to get to the locker room and get away from the big crown, whereas the other one was running onto a court in which she didn't have any involvement all while looking up at her phone that she was using to film her court storming antics. To say the player should have been on the lookout for all nonplayers/coaches/staff that might be running onto the court from any direction is ridiculous. "Run over" might not be the most accurate description, but "blind sided" is definitely appropriate.

One was jogging off the court where she just played a game in order to get to the locker room and get away from the big crown, whereas the other one was running onto a court in which she didn't have any involvement all while looking up at her phone that she was using to film her court storming antics. To say the player should have been on the lookout for all nonplayers/coaches/staff that might be running onto the court from any direction is ridiculous. "Run over" might not be the most accurate description, but "blind sided" is definitely appropriate.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree. Everybody needs to be accountable for where they’re walking. Also, she was not “blind sided” because Clark ran STRAIGHT INTO the fan. That is, if nothing else, not her blind side.

Clark created the contact and then pulled a lebron flop. The fan was running and clark ran right into her after the fan was passing her by. clark extended her arms into the fan and then did an awkward spin.

Look we've all done it before in sports but clark is caught on camera trying to make something that should have been nothing into a deal.

What opposing player would just run straight and hard into the locker room without being fully vigilant of their surroundings? i totally get if you want to complain about court stormings... but if you want to complain about court stormings rule #1 is to watch where you are going if you are the 1 that is out numbered. and literally running into the direction of the oncoming fans.

We’re just going to have to agree to disagree. Everybody needs to be accountable for where they’re walking. Also, she was not “blind sided” because Clark ran STRAIGHT INTO the fan. That is, if nothing else, not her blind side.
yes 100%. the fan beat clark to the spot. and clark hit the fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.