Woodson Out | Syracusefan.com

Woodson Out

l'orange

Scout Team
Woodson Out
http://knicksnow.com/posts/5693/coa...&utm_content=facebook_1398090804#.U1U4FOZdXBg

We knew it was coming.

I know this is ridiculous and probably as likely as winning the lottery but it would be pretty exciting and interesting to see Boeheim say, "Screw it, I'm putting my name in the hat."

It would let Hopkins make the leap and Boeheim moves onto something "bigger" which is a great way to move towards retirement. Plus Boeheim - Phil Jackson combo would be impressive. Given all that like I said, I know it is not going to happen, I don't think Boeheim wants that nearly 100 game schedule.

Woodson Out
http://knicksnow.com/posts/5693/coa...&utm_content=facebook_1398090804#.U1U4FOZdXBg

We knew it was coming.

I know this is ridiculous and probably as likely as winning the lottery but it would be pretty exciting and interesting to see Boeheim say, "Screw it, I'm putting my name in the hat."

It would let Hopkins make the leap and Boeheim moves onto something "bigger" which is a great way to move towards retirement. Plus Boeheim - Phil Jackson combo would be impressive. Given all that like I said, I know it is not going to happen, I don't think Boeheim wants that nearly 100 game schedule.
While getting JB to coach the Knicks would probably insure Carmelo's return, I somehow can't see JB and Phil coexisting. Phil wants someone who will run his offense and someone he can mold as an extension of himself as a coach. JB is not that guy.

Yeah, you're right about that.
I know I started a very "Pie in the sky" thread here.. ;)

While getting JB to coach the Knicks would probably insure Carmelo's return, I somehow can't see JB and Phil coexisting. Phil wants someone who will run his offense and someone he can mold as an extension of himself as a coach. JB is not that guy.
I wouldn't be surprised if the Knicks go after a younger guy like Steve Kerr, Mark Jackson, or Brian Shaw.

Yeah its Kerrs job to lose. It will be high entertainment seeing how the knicks try to work through all of this to build a contender. That anchor named amare being problem #1

Does Kerr have any experience? Was he an asst anywhere? I know Phil probably wants a triangle guy running things.

Does Kerr have any experience? Was he an asst anywhere? I know Phil probably wants a triangle guy running things.
No, but he has plenty experience. He's been a player, Gm and analyst. And he probably knows the triangle pretty well.

As long as Dolan is the owner the Knicks will continue to be a joke. Melo needs to get out of town, find a team with some good players, with salary cap room, and a chance at a championship.