Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton transferring to Oklahoma St

After Swider came in, this became predictable.

Best of luck to Woody. Seems like a very promising player.

I could see him playing for Louisville. He seems like their kind of player.

I hope we bring in another guard in addition to the one who already committed. If your point is that Kadary is irreplaceable I obviously don’t agree.
nope, that’s not my point.

you said “you hope”.

do you believe we will bring in a guard to challenge Joe for the starting spot? Yes or no.

Nah this one was obvious.
It hurts but it’s not Kadary.
We can replace Woody with what we have on the roster now and Benny coming in.

Well, the one thing that hurts about Woody leaving is that Woody is kind of proven as a legit 3 point shooter, and I am not 100% sold that Benny is that guy yet.

Yeah thats really bad.

Hopefully Frank sticks it out but who knows.

Normally it would be really bad but now with the portal you at least get a 2nd recruiting period to replace what you lost.

Basically you cant build a roster the way we are used to.

So, to me, Sidibe's announcement that he's coming back most impacts Frank. JBA left, so Frank may have seen himself as 2nd center next year.

Getting pushed back to 3rd or 4th options (if Marek also returns) pushes him out the door, IMO.

Well, the one thing that hurts about Woody leaving is that Woody is kind of proven as a legit 3 point shooter, and I am not 100% sold that Benny is that guy yet.
Cole is better, not worried about 3 point shooting.

I liked Woody a lot, but he mostly showed the offensive chops. If anything, for this specific season, Bras loss is bigger for his defense.

long term, yeah, wouldn’t have been nice to see what Woody could have become in our system

Read post 1907 from the originally Kadary thread.

I agree with most of your assessment. Where we differ in opinion is who Jim is and why Kadary left. Kadary has, very reasonable, NBA hopes. Sitting behind and splitting minutes for another year with Joe is absolutely an issue for his future. He should have been starting and playing 28-30 MPG. That didn't happen. It didn't even happen when Joe was recovering from being sick. I would take issue with that if I were Kadary. It was very clear to him that he was not going to pass Joe in the pecking order and it was not because of himself. He decided to go to a program that he felt would better highlight his skills, and I don't blame him one bit.
This all circles back to the Jim issue. Jim is a stubborn dude. Always has been and always will be. He is always right, just ask him. He's snarky and refuses to admit when he's wrong. Nobody can dispute that. If you dispute that, you're just lying to yourself. Jim isn't for everyone (players/fans/announcers etc.) and it's cost him some very talented players this year.

How many more days before Frank dips?

I hope Frank waits until Marek says something.

If Marek leaves, I still see an important role for Frank here.

I hope he does great, because we are a better team if he does, but I don't see Sidibe getting through a whole season without his knees giving him too much trouble. To me, at this point, he's kind of like DuJuan Coleman. Talented kid, tough kid, but probably never going to be healthy enough to rely on.

Especially since we knew Kadary was coming in. I wanted Goodine for depth and thought he could develop after another year or two. But you could tell Kadary was better than him already and would probably pass Joe as the starter. Ugh.

I think it says everything about Kadary that Kentucky and Florida State were the first two programs to reach out to him. We lost a talented kid there.

Good luck to Woody. It will be interesting to follow how his career unfolds. He looked like a player in the little time that we actually saw him play.

I agree with most of your assessment. Where we differ in opinion is who Jim is and why Kadary left. Kadary has, very reasonable, NBA hopes. Sitting behind and splitting minutes for another year with Joe is absolutely an issue for his future. He should have been starting and playing 28-30 MPG. That didn't happen. It didn't even happen when Joe was recovering from being sick. I would take issue with that if I were Kadary. It was very clear to him that he was not going to pass Joe in the pecking order and it was not because of himself. He decided to go to a program that he felt would better highlight his skills, and I don't blame him one bit.
This all circles back to the Jim issue. Jim is a stubborn dude. Always has been and always will be. He is always right, just ask him. He's snarky and refuses to admit when he's wrong. Nobody can dispute that. If you dispute that, you're just lying to yourself. Jim isn't for everyone (players/fans/announcers etc.) and it's cost him some very talented players this year.

He’s going to a team with four or five real guards now?

Good luck to Woody. It will be interesting to follow how his career unfolds. He looked like a player in the little time that we actually saw him play.

If Kamari Lands actually gets to campus, he definitely softens the blow of Woody leaving. Or Benny leaving, for that matter.

nope, that’s not my point.

you said “you hope”.

do you believe we will bring in a guard to challenge Joe for the starting spot? Yes or no.
You’re digging yourself a hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom