Woody Newton | Syracusefan.com

Woody Newton

Dick_in_MI

Emeritus Legend
Normally, I forget about most players once they transfer (except for a couple who just left). Got to wondering about Woody, and he is now on his third school after things didn't work out at Okie St.

Still not starting; appears to be the 8th man at George Mason but had a nice outing off the bench with 10 and 4.

Always thought he would eventually blossom but it never happened.

Normally, I forget about most players once they transfer (except for a couple who just left). Got to wondering about Woody, and he is now on his third school after things didn't work out at Okie St.

Still not starting; appears to be the 8th man at George Mason but had a nice outing off the bench with 10 and 4.

Always thought he would eventually blossom but it never happened.
Too stiff of a player. Honestly wish Bobby Braswell stayed around. Not overly talented or anything, but somehow fit the system when he got time. Everyone is a starter in their minds though. Come to find, the grass isn’t always greener elsewhere…

Feel like I always need to remind folks of the loss this kid faced. Returning home isn’t the same as it didn’t work out.

He was 2-2 from the three line in his first game.
I always say this too but I met him and his dad at the UVA game to start the year when he was in high school. His father was very nice and you could tell that Woody was extremely close to him and respected him. There were some other kids there visiting with their parents but they were talking to students and doing other things. Woody was next to his dad and talking to him the entire game and when I introduced myself and said I was exciting he was coming to Syracuse the first thing he did was introduce me to his dad. It must have been a completely earth shattering thing for him.

You never know anyone’s story. These are young men, they do young men things. They have people that are influential in their lives and things that happen to them that no one may know about or understand.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom