world series predictions? | Syracusefan.com

world series predictions?

OrangeFoo

All American
I hate to say it but I think it will be KC in 5. I'm a Mets lifer but KC has all of the pieces to crush the Mets. During the regular season the Mets struggled against teams that were patient at the plate, made a ton of contact, were aggressive on the base paths, and played great D. The games against the Pirates and the Tampa Bay series stick out in my mind. Those two teams were just relentless against the Mets.

I fear that KC is a better version of those two teams and can really take the Mets out of their games. TDA is terrible at throwing out runners at second and more often than not the ball seems to end up in center field. Harvey and deGrom do a decent job with runners on base but Thor is terrible and I haven't seen enough of Matz to see how he does. I see a lot of singles... steal second, steal third, single the guy home.

On offense the Mets hitters outside of murph and TDA and Grandy aren't doing much. I pray that Duda's busted out of his slump but I'm not sure. Also KC won't give up easy runs like the Cubs (cough cough Schwarber cough cough).

I'm afraid that this will go to KC and it will go quickly. Here's to the Mets proving me wrong.

mets in 7.

im hoping for a great series, i usually dont watch if the Yankees are out, but these teams are easy to root for or at least pay attention.

Living in Kansas, I have to go with the Royals and I'll say in 6. I think the Mets have a starting pitching advantage, the bullpens are probably pretty even. I think the Royals have the edge on contact hitting and on defense - much like the original poster said.

mets are interesting in that when they have just a single guy hitting they tend to win and score runs. they got little out of anyone other than grandy and murphy in the playoffs so far. duda or cespedes getting hot would be nice. not sure the layoff really helps or hurts either team.

i think mets in 5.

I think this goes 7 games. Royals.

CuseCPT said:
Going into work tomorrow is going to be rough. That's my prediction.

Finally a perk of living in the freaking Arctic. Only 8:30 here

Pains me to say this as a lifelong Mets fan, Royals in 5.

Going into work tomorrow is going to be rough. That's my prediction.

The only thing worse than staying up to 1:30 to watch a game, is staying up to watch a game, and have your team lose a world series game.

Royals in 5.
citizen-kane-clapping.jpg

Ha if you like this post... read the original post. That dude must have stayed at a Holiday Inn before making that post
Holy crap! I totally missed your original. I'm a knucklehead. Great call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom