Would a rewards program increase attendance at Syracuse University football games? (PS) | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Would a rewards program increase attendance at Syracuse University football games? (PS)

the tickets are so cheap, I already feel like I'm ripping them off. i don't really want the perks. whatever they do, I hope they let people opt out

I don't feel like I'm ripping them off. But I feel like I'm getting the best deal in college football. So I don't need a pocket calendar to reward me. Just keep charging me $99.

I'm always lurking. When there are threads like these I send them along to my director or the people who should have eyes on this. You guys know we are always trying to find ways to enhance being a STH. Any feedback is good feedback

Thank you Dan. I'm not in a postion to be a season ticket holder but anything we can do to increase support and get more season ticket holders helps. And I agree with the earlier comment, it doesn't seem like some of these ideas would be too difficult to implement.

I don't feel like I'm ripping them off. But I feel like I'm getting the best deal in college football. So I don't need a pocket calendar to reward me. Just keep charging me $99.
Scuse me? That pocket calender is my favorite thing...I like the License Plate Holder they sent in '12 too.

TexanMark said:
Scuse me? That pocket calender is my favorite thing...I like the License Plate Holder they sent in '12 too.

I call it "The Joe Z Pocket Calendar," as Joe rolled them out when he started the Orange Pack back in the '70's. Fun fact is that a certain head coach still uses it.

I call it "The Joe Z Pocket Calendar," as Joe rolled them out when he started the Orange Pack back in the '70's. Fun fact is that a certain head coach still uses it.

I don't mean to crap on effort, but it's such a strange gift in these modern times. Is something like this next? (which I will admit, is fairly awesome).

matchbook3.jpg

I've been hoping for the free pass to Club 44 for years. I can remember my dad taking me to the Ernie Davis Room as a kid. I think he just had to show his Orange Pack card.
the-coolest-cooler-13270.jpg
Of course this little beauty would be a nice perk, and it's already orange! If you haven't seen the video describing it, you should check it out. At a minimum it should become a Fine Lot mainstay.

Interesting article about what out conference mate, the University of Miami (FL), is doing for season ticketholders. A brief snippet (click the link for the full article):
John Paul Siervo had a hard time keeping the smile off his face.

As the long-time Hurricanes fan watched running back Duke Johnson, receiver Herb Waters and offensive lineman Kc McDermott make their way through the crowded living room filled with more than two dozen of his friends and family members earlier this summer, Siervo's smile kept growing before he was eventually overcome with emotion.

"Having them show their presence in my home was something out of this world. It's something you don't expect at all," Siervo said. "I felt like a kid at Christmas. It was very special and it shows how much Miami cares about its fans."
The school has conducted surprise weekly home visits with season ticket holders like Siervo as part of what Miami dubbed its "Renewed Community Bus Tour." Johnson made national headlines earlier this summer when he, along with Miami's mascot, crashed the wedding of two long-time UM fans. And there was a series of youth football camps Miami's players hosted for children at several locations around Miami-Dade and Broward counties earlier this summer.
H/T to Ole Blue on CSNbbs for the link

Miami also went to a "hard card" system for their season tickets awhile back. Essentially, your season tickets are stored on a credit card like item that fits in the wallet and can be scanned at each game. I vastly prefer this to the outdated (and less "green") paper ticket model, and have advocated S.U. doing something similar for awhile (those that prefer the older tickets can always choose to opt-out).

And so it begins... From today's FanFest e-mail:
In our ongoing effort to increase the value of your season ticket purchase, and to thank you for your support, this off-season we have been working on additional benefits to provide all of our season ticket holders. Here are some of the exclusive things we have planned for you at Saturday’s Fan Fest:
  • Reserved parking area designated for season ticket holders. Parking spots will be roped off nearest to the entrance until3:30pm, when practice begins.
  • VIP reserved seating for the first season ticket holders to arrive.
    A complimentary “Next Fan Up” t-shirt on the seat for the first 50 season ticket holders to arrive.
  • First opportunity to pick up your exclusive lanyard/ticket holder, in order to show your Orange pride at all home games!
  • Opportunity to have your kids participate in a spirit tunnel to welcome the team to practice.
  • A raffle for gift certificates from Tops Friendly Markets (winners will be picked at random from all season ticket holders that complete a short survey upon entry).
Again, we want to take every opportunity to highlight and acknowledge our season ticket holders, as you are the foundation of our program.

Not much yet, but to quote Lao Tzu, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Really nice to see S.U. making this effort. Sounds like it's just the start of some great stuff to come!

Not much yet, but to quote Lao Tzu, "the journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step." Really nice to see S.U. making this effort. Sounds like it's just the start of some great stuff to come!

Is there a VIP line for the bouncy rides? :cool:

this email was sent out today for an event tomorrow?

I don't really care about getting stuff necessarily...but I like the idea of recognizing the Season Ticket Holders that actually GO TO THE GAMES. They know when you attend the games (I think), because I always get a thank you email at the end of the game.

They should acknowledge the Season Ticket Holders that attended every game during the season. There are fans on this site that haven't missed a game in 20 years - this deserves some attention from the University.