Would a SEC - ACC Network be even more successful? | Syracusefan.com

Would a SEC - ACC Network be even more successful?

Ottoble

Starter
I was pondering the upcoming roll out of the SEC network and wondering if the SEC and ACC partnered up for the roll out of the network would it augment the entire network worth because while the SEC garners a large amount of interest in football it doesn't hold the eastern seaboard markets the way the ACC does including the Notre Dame Tie in and it has almost no interest beyond UK and Florida during Basketball season.

Possibly the network could be rolled out as The SEC-ACC network giving it maximum population reach and all school year interest including double the content options. Obviously the SEC would balk at anything resembling a 50/50 split for Football TV revenue but perhaps a 35/65 split in foootball and a 50/50 split in basketball would be possible given higher likely hood that subscriptions would roll in from the eastern seaboard megalaopolis (yeah I said it) and possibly become a standard package channel in some areas. The Combined network given Notre dame's involvement in the ACC would cover the following media markets: ~indicates maybe or partially carried due to combined coverage

1)NYC, 3) Chicago, 4)~Philidelphia 5)Dallas Ft-Worth 7) Boston 8) Atlanta 9) Washinton DC 10) Houston 13) Tampa-St Pete 16) Miami 19) Orlando 21)St. Louis 23) Pittsburgh 24) Charlotte, NC 26)~Baltimore 27) Raleigh-Durham 29) Nashville 30) ~Hartford New Haven 31)Kansas City 34) ~Cincinnati 36) Greenville/Ashville 39) West Palm Beach 40)Birmingham ...and about 30 more

Thoughts?

why not just roll all these conference networks into 1 and call it......espnU.

:bang::bang:

Oh Lord

No thanks.

ESPN is already SECentric. Last thing I want to watch on the ACC network is OleMiss vs Vanderbilt.

No thanks.

ESPN is already SECentric. Last thing I want to watch on the ACC network is OleMiss vs Vanderbilt.

Problem is there is no REAL ACC Nework its a cobbling together of local channels just like the Big East had while I agree I would prefer a dedicated ACC Network I think this could be a partnership that could raise the profile of the ACC and raise the viewership reach and value of the network. Just Spitballin.