would SS have got that one more year | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

would SS have got that one more year

Huh? We were underdogs in every loss this season. Feel how you want but don't make up facts.

Btw, we were underdogs yesterday too.
what does that have to do with who was the better team on the field?

I think folks have gotten it wrong about the offense this year.

The offense was not the problem. The defense was the problem.

Yesterday, when we faced an inept offense - one our defense could handle - the offense was able to move the ball enough against a very good defense to win the game.

The Lester offense this year was interesting and at times pretty darn effective. We saw a lot of explosive plays on the ground and in the air. And it was all done with a true frosh QB and a walk-on sophomore QB. And it was done at times against pretty decent competition.

With time I have little doubt that Coach Lester would have developed something very special on the Hill.

So, in my view the problem was not the offense.
Both were terrible

And a fumble return TD on an incomplete pass.

That was a big factor I think.

It's not like that play took away a TD for us, impossible to know what happens if we just run a next play.

We needed to close that game out, go for the kill when we had our chance..

Yeah, we were home dogs in what arguably was the worst P5 matchup this season.

That alone might get some coaches fired.

Complaining about wins now? Interesting take.

We'll just have to wait and see how your next offensive guru does in that all important W column. He's got 3 years to get to 14. Good luck.

We'll just have to wait and see how your next offensive guru does in that all important W column. He's got 3 years to get to 14. Good luck.
Where was he complaining about wins?

Louie and Bouie said:
Complaining about wins now? Interesting take. We'll just have to wait and see how your next offensive guru does in that all important W column. He's got 3 years to get to 14. Good luck.

Who's complaining? You said we were underdogs. We were. That's terrible.

If the next hire is good he will easily win 14 in thee years.

I hope you are saying good luck to him as well. I assume you are more of an SU fan than a Scott Shafer fan.

He was just being realistic, we were life and death to beat a horrible BC team at home, and our other wins were against a 3-9 wake team, and awful fcs team, and an ot win against a 5 loss mac team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom