Would you be surprised if we lose go Chaminade? | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Would you be surprised if we lose go Chaminade?

Would you be surprised if we lose to Chaminade?

• Yes

Votes: 83 58.9%
  • No

Votes: 58 41.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
if we lose to chaminade then buck henry needs to call another press conference to announce changes.

Where did I suggest the Maui field wasn’t “loaded?” I did suggest that the state of the NCAA isn’t what it used to be. So, teams ranked in the top 15 are ranked in context. Kenpom is in context versus the current year, is it not?

I‘ll try to make this clearer. We looked inept vs teams with no ‘great‘ players—meaning these were not star-laden, historically-great teams. To be ‘humiliated‘ by them is, to me, more inexcusable than it would have been had we been playing great teams.

I‘ll put it another way, with hyperbole/exaggeration to emphasize the point: Let’s say we could rank teams historically on a 100 point scale. The 96 Kentucky team with umpteen NBA players on it, Tark’s best UNLV team, Ewing’s Georgetown, PhiSlammaJamma, UConn in the 90s, some Duke squads… i‘d rank them in the 90+ point range. This year’s Tennessee and Gonzaga? They don’t rank vey high. They can be #7 and #11(?) in the country now, but that doesn’t make them great teams. Unless you started watching ball this year.

So, again, to put this into the simplest terms—you look incompetently bad against a “powerhouse,” maybe that’s justified. You look incompetent against solid but talentless teams in 2023, that’s inexcusable. Not much justification for not being, at least, ‘solid’ whether you have great talent or not. We weren’t being dominated by superior athletes.
Exactly my point. You went back 30 years to somehow compare the teams we played this week.

We were blown out by Auburn two years ago and Illinois last year. Both teams were worse than gonzaga.

Exactly my point. You went back 30 years to somehow compare the teams we played this week.

We were blown out by Auburn two years ago and Illinois last year. Both teams were worse than gonzaga.
You were criticizing my point though, no? By transforming/mischaracterizing it. Yeah, my comment about the level of competition we are facing today is related to the context beyond the current year.

I chose iconic teams “back 30 years” because you should be familiar with them.

Auburn and Illinois losses have nothing to do with it. As I think I said, anyone/we can lose and still not lose by looking incompetent. Not being able to execute an inbounding play—the most obvious and commonly discussed ‘wart’—was not because these two teams were so fantastic. If you can‘t get the ball in against a team of superstars, that’s one thing. Can’t get it in against these guys, with no great talent, that’s 100% coaching.

Confused Tom Hanks GIF

You were criticizing my point though, no? By transforming/mischaracterizing it. Yeah, my comment about the level of competition we are facing today is related to the context beyond the current year.

Auburn and Illinois losses have nothing to do with it. As I think I said, anyone/we can lose and still not lose by looking incompetent. Not being able to execute an inbounding play—the most obvious and commonly discussed ‘wart’—was not because these two teams were so fantastic. If you can‘t get the ball in against a team of superstars, that’s one thing. Can’t get it in against these guys, with no great talent, that’s 100% coaching.

JB had 1100 wins, and the last few years kicked away a couple of games on bad inbounds. The other team is trying too.

JB had 1100 wins, and the last few years kicked away a couple of games on bad inbounds. The other team is trying too.
I was not referring to JB, 1100 wins, or any inbounds play(s) during any of JB’s wins or losses.

Red needs time. Some of our players need confidence. I just don’t agree with the vulturing so early.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom