Wouldn't be at all shocked to see us win tonight. | Syracusefan.com

Wouldn't be at all shocked to see us win tonight.

jordoo

Living Legend
JB's system stands up very well against Roy's system as we have seen time and time again. Basically get back in transition and control your defensive backboard. The 2-3 has been susceptible to giving up offensive rebounds over the years and that is where this UNC team really shines. They also however are one of the worst on their own defensive glass and will have to deal with Tyler there. Could very well be the battle of offensive put backs tonight. UNC doesn't shoot it well especially from the perimeter although Meeks can make that FT line jumper fairly well. If we can hold our own on our defensive glass I like our chances plus Cooney and G are due for a hot shooting night so why not tonight.

we will have the best player on the court. that should help.

Over/Under on wide open 3 point looks for Marcus Paige?

I'd set that over/under at about 3.5 for "wide open". Sadly may take the over.

Also, play in the paint on both sides will be big. Rak and T-Robe are going to have to play physical without getting themselves into foul trouble.

I'd set that over/under at about 3.5 for "wide open". Sadly may take the over.

Also, play in the paint on both sides will be big. Rak and T-Robe are going to have to play physical without getting themselves into foul trouble.
Those are the key points.
In the Dean Dome it's hard to be optimistic about Rak staying out of foul trouble.
If we're serious about winning he's got to be there all game.

With our team this year, I also would not be shocked to win this game and then lose to VT. I still stick to my prediction that we will have What wins and losses through the ACC schedule. Was Clemson the WFT loss or no? Was Miami supposed to be a What win? I dunno. The team is so inconsistent, there are bound to be some games where everything goes right. Villanova was an example of that. That was a win if not for the ghost of Paul Harris puttin the smote down on them in the last few minutes.

With our team this year, I also would not be shocked to win this game and then lose to VT. I still stick to my prediction that we will have What wins and losses through the ACC schedule. Was Clemson the WFT loss or no? Was Miami supposed to be a What win? I dunno. The team is so inconsistent, there are bound to be some games where everything goes right. Villanova was an example of that. That was a win if not for the ghost of Paul Harris puttin the smote down on them in the last few minutes.

Someone said this the other day and they are right, might of been Lunardi. We are pretty consistent. We have no bad losses, but we have no good wins. We are the definition of average.

JB's system stands up very well against Roy's system as we have seen time and time again. Basically get back in transition and control your defensive backboard. The 2-3 has been susceptible to giving up offensive rebounds over the years and that is where this UNC team really shines. They also however are one of the worst on their own defensive glass and will have to deal with Tyler there. Could very well be the battle of offensive put backs tonight. UNC doesn't shoot it well especially from the perimeter although Meeks can make that FT line jumper fairly well. If we can hold our own on our defensive glass I like our chances plus Cooney and G are due for a hot shooting night so why not tonight.
A win is certainly possible. This team has played well enough to win (or lose) just about every game, and has really only been soundly defeated once. Obviously they have is a slim margin of error against the better opponents on the schedule, but I'll continue to believe a victory is possible in any of the remaining games simply because it is.

Someone said this the other day and they are right, might of been Lunardi. We are pretty consistent. We have no bad losses, but we have no good wins. We are the definition of average.

I guess we are consistently inconsistent. I mean game-to-game and within games. We can play outstanding for 12 minutes and then worst-ever for 8 minutes.

Not a chance. If that were going to happen, they'd have to announce the penalties today to make sure the team was distracted.

other than bc id be surprised if we win any of our remaining road games

Gotta agree. While I don't expect a win there are several things in SU's favor tonight:
  1. Roy Williams is still the coach at UNC.
  2. Marcus Paige may be the most over rated Wooden nominee in history.
  3. Roy Williams is still the coach at UNC.
Let's make ole Roy cry!

Boeheim always has Roy's number. ALWAYS. I feel like we will win tonight.

Gotta agree. While I don't expect a win there are several things in SU's favor tonight:
  1. Roy Williams is still the coach at UNC.
  2. Marcus Paige may be the most over rated Wooden nominee in history.
  3. Roy Williams is still the coach at UNC.
Let's make ole Roy cry!
cry baby roy!

Id be stunned if we stay within 10-12 points tonight
Agree with this. UNC probably the best offensive rebounding team in the nation and our defensive rebounding is shaky poats... Going to be tough to stay in this one

Except UNC has a whole crew of athletic big men to run against Rak...15-20 fouls vs 5 for Rak. If they hold Rak's scoring down and wear him down it will really hurt us.

Id be stunned if we stay within 10-12 points tonight
image.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom