WOW !!! | Syracusefan.com

WOW !!!

newmexicuse

All Conference
Out here in NM I do not get to see all of the games, maybe 1/3 if I am lucky. And most of those games are the national broadcasts against better teams, so my being able to see a Cuse victory is a real treat.

Just a couple of thoughts:

1. These guys never quit. It would have been so easy to roll over when they tied @ 17.

2. I know it is really too early to judge, but put me in the I love Dino camp. He has already made the O very exciting. He has the guys hustling and improving and playing smarter on the D end. I have to believe his style will be attractive to more and more better ranked recruits. No, I do not expect us to hardly ever be on the same playing field as FSU or Clemson, but there is no reason anybody else in the ACC will not be fair game for us in a couple of years & there is no reason to believe that we can't be borderline Top 25 as often as not. I liked the adjustment when we were in close. After the early first & goal flub from the one, lowlighted by terrible play calling, the coaches adjusted when we had another chance late in the game & got the score. Sometimes things don't work, the key is to learn & make the proper adjustment. We did that in crunchtime.

3. Dungey - plenty of other posts have said almost all. I only have one thought to add. Others have mentioned that he throws the ball away quite a bit, but nobody else has said that this is actually a plus level skill that he has; ie the ability to see when a play has broken down and not take a loss or try not to force a risky play. You so rarely see this done consistently by any QB at any level. I think a big part of it stems from his confidence, eg, if he has a 2nd & 8 & the play is breaking down, rather than force things he BELIEVES he will be able to make the 3rd & 8 play.

4. Can't say enough about Phillips, Estime, & Strickland. All were terrific.

5. Hofrichter changed the field when we needed it.

6. Elison & Franklin were all over the field and the DBs didn't get busted long.

Now, to just languish in victory !!!

"Out here in NM I do not get to see all of the games, maybe 1/3 if I am lucky..."

well here in the northeast we do not get to see the 1st quarter. (bumped by miami no less!)

Just get the ESPN zone app on your computer, get an hdmi cable m, and connect to your tv. Problem solved

It's a good point on Dungey. He doesn't try to do too much to make a play when one isn't there, which often leads to drive killing turnovers or sacks.

"Out here in NM I do not get to see all of the games, maybe 1/3 if I am lucky..."

well here in the northeast we do not get to see the 1st quarter. (bumped by miami no less!)

Lame move by ESPN putting the start of the UM/UNC game on the U and nixing ours because of the NCST blown FG to win it against Clemson in regulation. :mad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom