WOW! | Syracusefan.com

WOW!

SoBeCuse

Living Legend
- Just finished watching the game (on replay). Had a commitment and denied myself knowing the verdict.

- Battle. Amazing. What a shot. Great play drawn up. Thought Battle really struggled all game especially on D so to make that shot was incredible. Good for him!

- TT was great. Good contributions. Nice to get some points in the paint.

- Thought Lydon was abused by whomever in the high post and/or paint. Blossomgame for sure.

- Just one of those shootouts in which nobody could really stop the other team. Hard to believe Clemson struggled so much against FSU. They always seem pretty good against our zone. HUGE win. Huge.

Last edited:
- Just finished watching the game (on replay). Had a commitment and denied myself knowing the verdict.

- Battle. Amazing. What a shot. Great play drawn up. Thought Battle really struggled all game, especially on D but to make that shot was incredible. Good for him!

- TT was great. Good contributions.

- Thought Lydon was abused by whomever in the high post. Blossomgame for sure.

- Just one of those shootouts in which nobody could really stop the other time. Hard to believe Clemson struggled so much against FSU. They always seem pretty good against our zone. HUGE win. Huge.

Such a fun finish... I agree Lydon got abused at 5 worse than any other game. There had to be at least 6 straight line passes through the zone and it wasn't just TT this time as more of them were on Lydon. He did recover and if not block a shot at least force a missed layup a couple times. It sure wasn't his or Battles best game but he made a nice pass and Battle drained it when it mattered most!

The defender flopped on his stop-pass too it would have been brutal if the refs fell for it to end the game.

- Battle. Amazing. What a shot. Great play drawn up. Thought Battle really struggled all game especially on D so to make that shot was incredible. Good for him!

- Thought Lydon was abused by whomever in the high post. Blossomgame for sure.

- Just one of those shootouts in which nobody could really stop the other team. Hard to believe Clemson struggled so much against FSU. They always seem pretty good against our zone. HUGE win. Huge.

Nothing more stressful than trying to NOT know the result of the game. I remember a few years back when we were playing a big saturday night game at uconn, my wife basically forced me out to dinner with her and her brother. so im like..oK..but im going to NOT go to any place with Tvs and im going to DVR the game.

So all is going well, we have our dinner, walking to the car..just about to get in and go home..and what do i see right as I am ducking into my car? I see them interviewing boeheim on a huge TV through a restaurant window.

well, they don't interview you on the court if you lose.

mission..fail.

Nothing more stressful than trying to NOT know the result of the game. I remember a few years back when we were playing a big saturday night game at uconn, my wife basically forced me out to dinner with her and her brother. so im like..oK..but im going to NOT go to any place with Tvs and im going to DVR the game.

So all is going well, we have our dinner, walking to the car..just about to get in and go home..and what do i see right as I am ducking into my car? I see them interviewing boeheim on a huge TV through a restaurant window.

mission..fail.

Ha. Yup, I hear ya. When executed properly it is beautiful. Just like watching it in normal real time. I just made sure not to look at my phone during the commitment. Sometime people send me texts and I've very surprised I didn't get any tonight. Had WatchEspn ready to go on the iPad when I got home and watched in peace. LGO!

I also had to watch delayed. Daughter had softball practice. And games on ESPN3 you have to wait till it is completely over and then shows up in the replays. I did not know the outcome so it was edge of the seat. What a finish. 5 game winning streak, who wudda thunk it. Especially that we've given up over 170 points in our last two road games!!

Yep. I haven't responded to outside communication during or immediately after a game since 1995. That Arkansas tournament game with the timeout. A guy I knew called me to gloat right after that even though he has no team. Ever since then I'm like a nuclear sub with launch orders in hand once the game tips: I ain't answering the phone for nobody!

Yep. I haven't responded to outside communication during or immediately after a game since 1995. That Arkansas tournament game with the timeout. A guy I knew called me to gloat right after that even though he has no team. Ever since then I'm like a nuclear sub with launch orders in hand once the game tips: I ain't answering the phone for nobody!

Oh, that game. I was on the floor in pain. If someone had called me to gloat they would have been dead

- Thought Lydon was abused by whomever in the high post and/or paint. Blossomgame for sure.

Me too, except I cheated bc my client saved the game for me and made me watch it before I headed home. Wow is right! My entire being is "wow" right now.
I saw the score when we were down in the first half and I was nervous we were reverting to bad cuse. I felt blanketed with calmness, dare I say faith, when coach was drawing up the last play. Everyone is focused. There's no denying the fight in this team now!

Clemson certainly is not as bad as their record seems to indicate. So glad we got another road win. Five in a row?!

We had just gone down by nine when I had to leave the house due to a family emergency. Got a text about the game from a friend but it was complete nonsense - thought we lost on a last minute shot as a result. Imagine my surprise when I got back home and watched the end - first time things have ever worked out for me like that.

We had just gone down by nine when I had to leave the house due to a family emergency. Got a text about the game from a friend but it was complete nonsense - thought we lost on a last minute shot as a result. Imagine my surprise when I got back home and watched the end - first time things have ever worked out for me like that.

This is another aspect to the phenomenon. Reading into innocuous messages. For example, someone who KNOWS you are DVRing the game texts you.."did u see the game yet?"

Hmm. you think to yourself. its about two hours after the game..if they lost, they'd have texted earlier. so they won? oh wait...no...the opposite...they must have lost..had they won, they'd have texted right away.. err..ok...hmm. i dont know.

mission..fail.
Battle's shot goes in. I immediately text the word "WOW" to my sister in Fla. Unfortunately, she didn't get the game there so she was streaming it. My text arrived to her with 4 seconds left on the streaming. I ruined it for her.

Battle's shot goes in. I immediately text the word "WOW" to my sister in Fla. Unfortunately, she didn't get the game there so she was streaming it. My text arrived to her with 4 seconds left on the streaming. I ruined it for her.

It would not have ruined it for me! I still watched the replay 5 times and each time if felt just as good!

Worst is when you have a friend or relative who insists on texting results. Arrrgggghhhh:bang:
You failed in your sweep! You must contact every single person who might even dream of texting you and let them know your plan. IF you get any texts, you must not look at them. Keep the phone face down! I have successfully executed this maneuver, so know what I am talking about.

Both Lydon and Battle struggled most of the game but crunch time - play was made. Earlier I had said I want to see a road win where we don't play great and tough one out. This was the game.

Both Lydon and Battle struggled most of the game but crunch time - play was made. Earlier I had said I want to see a road win where we don't play great and tough one out. This was the game.

Making that shot has got to be confidence booster for Battle. He still make some mistakes in the game. But the kid's moxie is only matched by Gillon's moxie.

It would not have ruined it for me! I still watched the replay 5 times and each time if felt just as good!
EXACT same thing happened to me - I texted "WOW" to my friend in Rochester who was streaming the game. When he received the text the game was not over and they hadn't showed the last 7 seconds.

EXACT same thing happened to me - I texted "WOW" to my friend in Rochester who was streaming the game. When he received the text the game was not over and they hadn't showed the last 7 seconds.
This is why whenever I'm watching on my Roku through the ESPN app my phone is always face down and on silent until the game is over

my wife makes us watch every game about an hr later so she can skip commercials.. still half the time she picks up her phone when it dings right as we are about to start and its the SU score update.. i dont even keep my phone in the same room with me, but she cant resist.. now we still have to remind her family not to call for at least an hr after the game so we can finish it.

my wife makes us watch every game about an hr later so she can skip commercials.. still half the time she picks up her phone when it dings right as we are about to start and its the SU score update.. i dont even keep my phone in the same room with me, but she cant resist.. now we still have to remind her family not to call for at least an hr after the game so we can finish it.
This has to be the most complicated game watching ritual of anyone here. So many moving parts ...

Making that shot has got to be confidence booster for Battle. He still make some mistakes in the game. But the kid's moxie is only matched by Gillon's moxie.
I think he was already confident and was why he could calmly drain that shot on a night when nothing was falling. His outside shooting has been a pleasant surprise from the start.

This has to be the most complicated game watching ritual of anyone here. So many moving parts ...

Isn't this how everyone watches? Delay start by 20-40 minutes so you can FF commercials? If you just have the discipline to ignore your phone, you don't have to tell everybody not to call.

Hope everything with your family is OK.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom