Class of 2016 - WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2016 WR Gene Coleman II (NJ) Offered

jekelish said:
I haven't done a single thing for actual work today: https://twitter.com//status/572446282700206080/photo/1
wish I could say the same, unfortunately the school I'm at is going through our accreditation period this week and part of last week so it's all hands on deck from 7-7 everyday then go home and get ready for the next day.

Stephen Bailey ‏@Stephen_Bailey1 1h1 hour ago
2016 @BergenTDC wide receiver Gene Coleman (@KingCole9_) recaps Syracuse visit, lists other suitors: http://bit.ly/17LjCQm

Syracuse, N.Y. — Gene Coleman watched Syracuse practice in the Ensley Athletic Center, toured the locker room and other facilities and visited with the SU coaching staff during an unofficial visit to campus on Sunday, he said in an interview on Monday.

Coleman, a 6-foot, 178-pound wide receiver with offers from Syracuse and Rutgers, was one of three Bergen Catholic (Oradell, N.J.) High School juniors who visited SU on Sunday, along with defensive end Sal Mauro and cornerback/wide receiver Emmanuel Appiah. Coleman said the visit impressed him and that he enjoyed strengthening his relationship with primary recruiter and wide receivers coach Bobby Acosta, but detailed a recruiting situation that is still developing.

Coleman speaks with Maryland, Penn State, North Carolina, Tennessee and Old Dominion on a weekly basis, he said, and recently enjoyed an unofficial visit to College Park. He's previously visited Rutgers and Penn State.

"I'm very family oriented," Coleman said. "I just want an atmosphere where I feel that I have a bunch of guys around me that i can trust."

Coleman said that he's not concerned with early playing time and emphasized that he wants to commit to a program, not a coach. He's spoken with Syracuse defensive end signee Jake Pickard, a senior at Millburn (N.J.) High School who also visited on Sunday.

Pickard initially committed to Wisconsin, but opened his recruitment back up after head coach Gary Andersen left for Oregon State.

"I don't believe in picking a coach because they can flop the next day," Coleman said.

That said, Coleman watched Acosta closely during the practice and spoke with a couple current wide receivers about him. The two have been in touch since Acosta reached out initially in December. Acosta extended Coleman an offer in January, Coleman said.

Coleman and the other New Jersey visitors spent most of their time after practice with Acosta, though Mauro spoke with defensive line coach Tim Daoust and Appiah spoke with defensive backs coach Fred Reed, Coleman said.

"I think he's a great coach," Coleman said of Acosta. "I got to see him coaching his team when I got up there, interacting with the players, and they all seem to really like him."

While he continues to push forward in his recruitment, Coleman said he's continually training for football.

As a junior, he caught 31 catches for 582 yards and six total touchdowns. He's focusing on building up his speed, strength and technical abilities, particularly high-pointing the ball.

"Obviously I'm not a 6-3 guy," Coleman said, "but i want to be able to make a play on the ball anywhere."

Coleman said that neither Mauro nor Appiah were extended an offer, but both are hopeful that will change.

B_IucoJU4AAzBSM.jpg:large

I'm guessing the American Heritage game will be on ESPN.

And we think we schedule hard? Wow. that is a meat grinder of a schedule.

I hear Chop Nation and the first thing I think of is the Seminoles, not Rutgers.

I hear Chop Nation and the first thing I think of is the Seminoles, not Rutgers.
Same. I saw someone use that hashtag on Twitter and just assumed it was a FSU reference.

TOS' #39 ranked WR in the east.

(#1 has visited Rutgers numerous times!)

TOS' #39 ranked WR in the east.

(#1 has visited Rutgers numerous times!)

Taysir Mack #10 in same rankings. Have a feeling he is going to blow up. Hopefully he is a priority. Right now RU seems to be in good shape with him, but like most NYC kids I expect it to be a long, drawn out, circus.

Gene Coleman II ‏@KingCole9_ 11h11 hours ago
Within the next month I'm going to UNC, NC state, uconn, ODU, Syracuse, Penn state, NFTC AND rivals camp
1f605.png
Blessings on blessings man
1f64f.png