WR group | Syracusefan.com

WR group

kcsu

Living Legend
I just listened to the Custis interview and he mentioned 2 of the frosh as looking good.
My question is which of our WRs have real speed. The kind that can over the top?

I just listened to the Custis interview and he mentioned 2 of the frosh as looking good.
My question is which of our WRs have real speed. The kind that can over the top?
I think Sharod has good speed. I thinks its one of the reasons why he's playing outside depsite being a little shorter than the other outside guys.

I'm not nearly as plugged in as I used to be with this stuff so I have more questions than opinion.

Depth Chart has Butler, Custis, N. Johnson, Riley as starters

Thompson-Bishop, Jordan, S.Johnson - all RFr, and Hahn as the twos.

Am I the only one who expects Custis and Riley to be falling down the Depth Chart?

All three redshirt 3 stars are on the two deep. How long until Queeley, Hendrix, Lutz, and Harris move up?

The rest of the offense has 7 4th or 5th year players starting. That's plenty of experience. The WR unit needs to put the best athletes out there, regardless of class.

Last edited:
I'm not nearly as plugged in as I used to be with this stuff so I have more questions than opinion.

Am I the only one who expects Custis and Riley to be falling down the Depth Chart?

All three redshirt 3 stars are on the two deep. How long until Queeley, Hendrix, Lutz, and Harris move up?

The rest of the office has 7 4th or 5th year players starting. That's plenty of experience. The WR unit needs to put the best athletes out there, regardless of class.

Agree on Custis and Riley, I think they both have very short leashes and the staff is going to give the young guys EVERY opportunity to flash and get more opportunity.

I do hope Custis finally puts it together this year though, dude looks AA.

The rest of the office has 7 4th or 5th year players starting.
Why is GMAC involved? That would explain why he's not closing some deals.

Agree on Custis and Riley, I think they both have very short leashes and the staff is going to give the young guys EVERY opportunity to flash and get more opportunity.

I do hope Custis finally puts it together this year though, dude looks AA.

As much as I agree the youngster guys are going to get every opportunity to get some run. It seems that it takes a bit to get used to the offense so if they dint come from a similar style they might need the redshirt to learn it. I would think as much as Baber's wants them out there it won't help if they make the wrong reads. Pure speculation on my part

As much as I agree the youngster guys are going to get every opportunity to get some run. It seems that it takes a bit to get used to the offense so if they dint come from a similar style they might need the redshirt to learn it. I would think as much as Baber's wants them out there it won't help if they make the wrong reads. Pure speculation on my part
Agree, except your assuming they are competing against veterans that aren’t making those same mistakes/misreads.

I hope the veterans have a great grasp on the offense and are making all the right reads, but I would be lying if I said I was confident in that

Last edited:
Said it before and will say it again, Lutz is going to get reps and I think he is going to do some nice things on offense for us this year. Some of you may not frequent the recruitment board but if you have a few minutes watch his workout video and game tape. The young man is strong and can play.

The rest of the offense has 7 4th or 5th year players starting. That's plenty of experience. The WR unit needs to put the best athletes out there, regardless of class.

110% agree.

Riley on KRs. Custis is all-airport team, but hope it transitions to the field this year.

With all the new young guys I wonder if ED is going to throw some odd looking picks this year when he and the young WR had different ideas? A zig when he thought zag type of thing? Stopping short or going long when ED thinks he is doing otherwise?

With all the new young guys I wonder if ED is going to throw some odd looking picks this year when he and the young WR had different ideas? A zig when he thought zag type of thing? Stopping short or going long when ED thinks he is doing otherwise?
Think dino has a short leash on that for wr’s. Next man in line.

Think dino has a short leash on that for wr’s. Next man in line.

He will to a point I agree but you can't always be looking over your shoulder as a player either. Hopefully these young bucks have been practicing for a purpose and just not practicing as some tend to do and will step up to this challenge.

Pre-Summer Depth Chart

WR Butler 6-3, 194 JR, Cam Jordan 6-3, 202 RFR

WR Riley 5-8, 158 JR, R.Thompson-Bishop 6-1, 215 RFR

WR Nykiem Johnson, Sharod Johnson 5-11, 174 RFR

WR Custis 6-5, 231 RSR , Hahn 5-10 167 RSO Walkon

Post-Camp Depth Chart

WR Butler 6-3, 194 JR, Taj Harris 6-3, 175 FR

WR Riley 5-8, 158 JR, Sharod Johnson 5-11, 174 RFR

WR Custis 6-5, 231 RSR, Cam Jordan 6-3, 202 RFR

*New - True Frosh Taj Harris
*Bumped - Hahn, RTB and NJohnson (who Babers said is injured)

Pre-Summer Depth Chart

WR Butler 6-3, 194 JR, Cam Jordan 6-3, 202 RFR

WR Riley 5-8, 158 JR, R.Thompson-Bishop 6-1, 215 RFR

WR Nykiem Johnson, Sharod Johnson 5-11, 174 RFR

WR Custis 6-5, 231 RSR , Hahn 5-10 167 RSO Walkon

Post-Camp Depth Chart

WR Butler 6-3, 194 JR, Taj Harris 6-3, 175 FR

WR Riley 5-8, 158 JR, Sharod Johnson 5-11, 174 RFR

WR Custis 6-5, 231 RSR, Cam Jordan 6-3, 202 RFR

*New - True Frosh Taj Harris
*Bumped - Hahn, RTB and NJohnson (who Babers said is injured)

Any reason why we’d go from listing 8 WRs pre-camp to 6? That stood out to me as much as who was/wasn’t on it.

Any reason why we’d go from listing 8 WRs pre-camp to 6? That stood out to me as much as who was/wasn’t on it.

The pre-summer depth chart had 12 position groups. This has 11. He deleted the xtra WR grouping.

QB, RB, WR, WR, WR, TE, OL

Its really undervalued how big of a plus Pierce’s blocking is. I think that alone will help us out after the catch for guys like N Johnson, Sharod, Dev, Strick, Moe and Harris

I hope the issues with the drops are over with. I'm concerned with the WR unit and the LBs.

Pierce is probably too important to sub out.

Yep. And Elmore is listed as a TE and not FB/HB, etc.

And so I have to think with Pierce in there, more likely to throw, Hackett in a mixed bag, and Elmore in for ground and pound with the occassional play action?

Hopefully its not as simple as that.

Yep. And Elmore is listed as a TE and not FB/HB, etc.

And so I have to think with Pierce in there, more likely to throw, Hackett in a mixed bag, and Elmore in for ground and pound with the occassional play action?

Hopefully its not as simple as that.

He's the short yardage, goalline TE.

He's the fullback on a team that doesn't have a "fullback".

the way talk has been going let howard be that guy

Howards a monster but he’s just a freshman. I’d prefer a battle tested upperclassmen body at fullback. This is why i was against elmore getting run last year and still am today, he belongs on the line. Hell I’d give Shy the FB role though.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom