WR group | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

WR group

Once again the WR group is not as good as hyped
They got their yips out. Hatcher makes that catch 99.99% of the time. Alford showed up, need Brown and Hatcher to grow up in bright lights, no clue what Isaiah was doing today. I still believe, bad wr don't get open, now its tome to clean it up.

Hopefully they get the passing game (aka WR’s) figured out before Clemson. I think they will as there is talent there. Maybe national tv at night was too many lights for them. Thanks to the OL as they played well, Shrader and LQA carried the offense, and the Defense was really good as expected. Rocky is one of the best defensive minds in the college game,

Hopefully they get the passing game (aka WR’s) figured out before Clemson. I think they will as there is talent there. Maybe national tv at night was too many lights for them. Thanks to the OL as they played well, Shrader and LQA carried the offense, and the Defense was really good as expected. Rocky is one of the best defensive minds in the college game,
Hope Jones isn't out for the year

There was one bad drop the whole game by Hatcher. The Brown and Adams deep balls were close and hopefully we get them later this season. Love that Brown responded with that huge second half catch. Everyone pump the breaks.
Absolutely agree that we have to pump the breaks. Our WR group is going to be just fine. But I'd definitely say there was more than one bad drop.

Absolutely agree that we have to pump the breaks. Our WR group is going to be just fine. But I'd definitely say there was more than one bad drop.
I could be misremembering but Hatcher’s is the only one that really sticks out to me. The others were just out of reach or really contested(which we need to get better at!).

Odd because if you told me before the game the Oline would be great and the WR poor I’d be surprised.
Agreed.. I figured we would be passing all over Purdue and we wouldn’t be able to gain much rushing and Purdue would be able to gain yards rushing and not passing. The game was a complete flip of how I thought it would go. My hats off to our OL as they did a really good job. I think we controlled the line of scrimmage very well on both sides of the ball overall. Shrader is a ”Superman” thankfully too. Rocky is who we thought and the best defensive mind in the college game. I think Beck called a great game especially with his hands tired behind his back due to our poor WR play last night. And punts,, awful last night,

Agreed.. I figured we would be passing all over Purdue and we wouldn’t be able to gain much rushing and Purdue would be able to gain yards rushing and not passing. The game was a complete flip of how I thought it would go. My hats off to our OL as they did a really good job. I think we controlled the line of scrimmage very well on both sides of the ball overall. Shrader is a ”Superman” thankfully too. Rocky is who we thought and the best defensive mind in the college game. I think Beck called a great game especially with his hands tired behind his back due to our poor WR play last night. And punts,, awful last night,
The run numbers came in large part because of the type of pass defense Purdue was playing.

The drops on contested catches were annoying but not surprising. My biggest issue was the lack of separation on routes besides Go’s. No one was open over the middle.

Summary from last game on the wide outs: they are not as good as we thought but they are no where near as bad as they looked last night. I know we are better than that. I would have maybe liked to see kendall long more. Seems like he is physically more stout. Not sure what the deal is, is this game a fluke or is this what we do when the competition rises? Biggest position group for us this season. With OG out if someone doesn’t exceed their perceived talents and break out we are going to be limited. Great win and happy dudes made some plays when needed.

I could be misremembering but Hatcher’s is the only one that really sticks out to me. The others were just out of reach or really contested(which we need to get better at!).

Yeah, Hatcher’s drop was a bummer.

But I’ll give the dude credit -
He blocked his azz off, and was the key block on Shredder’s last TD run.

And it wasn’t just “I’ll push this guy once and hope that’s enough” -
Hatcher sustained that block and drove the dude out of a chance to make the play.

Which I loved that he and LeQuint jogged into the end zone together and then high-fived.
(LeQuint had the other key block that helped Shrader get around the edge)

Way too many drops. Need Jones back or we are in trouble
Just need guys to step up. A lot of youth. They’re talented enough. I wouldn’t say trouble necessarily. Just need guys to develop and become consistently good, as the coach would say.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom