Class of 2022 - WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24) | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 WR Justus Ross-Simmons (NY) TRANSFERRING TO SYRACUSE (4/24/24)

Can’t believe I’m saying this. But Syracuse football as of right now, might be more talented going into next season than the Florida football Gators. I don’t think that’s too bold of a statement either lol

Easy...take it easy.

Gordon Ramsay Food GIF by Masterchef

Justus always wanted to play at SU. Plus he had a crazy PE teacher that would talk them up all the time. I didnt want to share much and mis lead you guys. Things can get tricky when people start throwing money at you but Justus is going where he always belonged.
Thts awesome u were is gym teacher. great get here.

He was set to visit Florida this weekend, Alabama was trying to get him on campus, Penn state was involved. A lot of top schools wanted him it’s a massive grab.
And it’s still funny that he gets a 247 transfer ranking of 87 which makes him #100 wr that hit the portal. Yet Rutgers transfer from Monmouth is rated 4 star and 29th best wr despite much less interest and success against quality opponents lol.

On paper, is this our most complete WR room ever?
Wow, SU should be pretty darn good at football. We have a lot of good players, need to keep QB 1 healthy and develop QB 2. Many weapons on offense and defense looks pretty stout. Very excited and hope we fight our way to the playoffs and an ACC championship. Lofty goals but I think they are attainable.

Are we sure he’ll be WR1? I haven’t seen a highlight tape posted anywhere. He’s rated 87 in the portal and we just assume it’s an anti SU bias? Sounds like a great get based on the offers so what explains the ranking disparity?

I don't know if hes wr1 right away. Couple guys on the roster may have a say about that. But he is very good and will compete for that spot and, at worst, be an excellent weapon. Very well may be a guy that gets drafted in a couple years. Had 40+ schools at least contact him including Florida (who wanted him bad), FSU, and Alabama who were trying to set up a visit. So who wanted him? Pretty much everybody.

Wow, OK

me happy

Are we sure he’ll be WR1? I haven’t seen a highlight tape posted anywhere. He’s rated 87 in the portal and we just assume it’s an anti SU bias? Sounds like a great get based on the offers so what explains the ranking disparity?
Let’s put it this way, he would have been our best wideout last year after OG went down. He’s one of 4 or 5 guys that can go out and have a 100 yard game at any point. That’s not including Allen who can be a menace receiving out of the backfield. Not sure we have a true WR1, but we have a handful of guys who will destroy teams by committee whenever we find a mismatch.

I’ll preface by saying I’m obviously no talent expert but I do think I that I have a decent eye for talent and I have watched highlights of both guys I mentioned. Based on what I’ve seen on video and measurables these guys are not even close (albeit I do understand you’re limited with highlights).

He's a TE
Is Fran really perpetuating those shenanigans?

I'd hoped this charade left with Babers.

And before anyone reminds me of the video from spring with Gadsden putting his finger on the turf and trying to block, please keep in mind that I also remember that he lost his feet in that clip and face planted.

Is Fran really perpetuating those shenanigans?

I'd hoped this charade left with Babers.

And before anyone reminds me of the video from spring with Gadsden putting his finger on the turf and trying to block, please keep in mind that I also remember that he lost his feet in that clip and face planted.
Who cares what he is listed as. I like him listed as a TE. He is a hybrid player who plays mostly in the slot, may get a little more run on the line this year. We will see. He was listed as 223 lbs last year and his arms have certainly gotten bigger. i'm going to guess he is 230 lbs this year. As a TE he gets the opportunity to be named one of the best TE's in the game on national TV and gets added to all the top lists. Not sure how high they would list him as a WR. This is good for him and SU. That also helps us in recruiting.

Listing these guys as TE's on the roster I feel like makes it a little easier to recruit additional receiving weapons. The listed TE's don't scare WR's as much in regards to who they are competing with and numbers there at WR. its probably a little harder to recruit a stud all around TE but getting some higher level receiving options there and more WR talent seems likely to me.

Plus him playing in the TE/slot hybrid spot leads to more mismatches and creative routes to get him open.

Last edited:
An additional sidebar in regards to roster weight. Its amazing we have not had an updated roster with weight changes really since last season. We got an updated roster with jersey numbers and added players but no updates on measurables. And more amazing is nobody has complained about it! That was one of the rare bits of information we have always got with previous regimes. Now we seem to get a lot more interviews with players and all staff members along with all of the additional recruiting info that is going on and nobody has even complained once about not having roster weights. I think we even get a little less practice footage than we have seen and people haven't complained. Pretty amazing.

I really would be interested to see an update on that though. That info always peaks my interest. I wonder when they will do this. I would think there would be a post spring one coming out soon.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom