Class of 2024 - WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC | Page 28 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 WR Syair Torrence (NY: CBA) Committed to BC

Torrence’s offers from Syracuse, Michigan State, Rutgers, Pittsburgh and Boston College are still on the table. Other teams such as Louisville, Penn State and Georgia Tech have expressed interest but have not extended an offer.

After announcing his de-commitment last week, Torrence said numerous schools have reached out to him, including Syracuse.

“Anything can happen,” Torrence said when asked about SU. “I’m not going to say what, but anything can happen.”

Visiting Penn St this weekend, Darien Williams '25 just got an offer from Penn St as well. CBA kids really showing out

Visiting Penn St this weekend, Darien Williams '25 just got an offer from Penn St as well. CBA kids really showing out
I don’t ever want to hear Bruce Williams crying about SU not recruiting local kids. They want us to take all the FCS
at best kids when the ones that can be difference makers barely consider us.

I don’t ever want to hear Bruce Williams crying about SU not recruiting local kids. They want us to take all the FCS
at best kids when the ones that can be difference makers barely consider us.
Maybe the SU coaches should present a program that makes the Cuse a desired destination. But you can blame Bruce if that works.

Maybe the SU coaches should present a program that makes the Cuse a desired destination. But you can blame Bruce if that works.
Well he obviously has no problem stating we should be taking more local players so apparently he doesn't have an issue with it?

1701222067364.png

Here's the thing is he a take for Brown? I watched that YouTube video of him earlier and he's pretty big on physical attributes. He was saying he'll take a bigger guy over a smaller one if they are pretty similar elsewhere.

Here's the thing is he a take for Brown? I watched that YouTube video of him earlier and he's pretty big on physical attributes. He was saying he'll take a bigger guy over a smaller one if they are pretty similar elsewhere.
One of the things Coach Brown has been praised for is his ability to evaluate prospects.

He is supposed to have a gift for identifying prospects who will develop into college stars.

It will he interesting to see what he does with our existing class. And 2024 recruits like Symir.

One of the things Coach Brown has been praised for is his ability to evaluate prospects.

He is supposed to have a gift for identifying prospects who will develop into college stars.

It will he interesting to see what he does with our existing class. And 2024 recruits like Symir.

Oh yeah I understand that. I'm just wondering if some of these previous commits want to come back and just assume if they want back in they will be welcomed back easily.

Oh yeah I understand that. I'm just wondering if some of these previous commits want to come back and just assume if they want back in they will be welcomed back easily.
Could be. Georgia rarely if ever used the portal so Brown might recruit high school players more than some are. Not many good players still available at this point so if he drops some, he will need to backfill with flips or more players from the portal.

I suspect we will get some flips because some good players will want to play for Coach Brown. Time will tell.

I think because now there is an early signing, unlike during the last coaching change, and because of the lateness in the recruiting cycle most of the existing HS class will be retained.
Even with the four year scholarship the portal makes it easier for a coach to divest himself of kids that don't work out. More likely there will be a shedding of players currently on the roster.

I think because now there is an early signing, unlike during the last coaching change, and because of the lateness in the recruiting cycle most of the existing HS class will be retained.
Even with the four year scholarship the portal makes it easier for a coach to divest himself of kids that don't work out. More likely there will be a shedding of players currently on the roster.
Agree.

Very interested to see what schemes Coach Brown goes with on offense and defense and the impact that has on our players.

That GA podcast suspected he'd go with a 4-2-5, where the 4th guy on the line is actually a LB.
So, that's not miles away from what we often do w/ the 3-3-5.
Yup and when they go with the traditonal 4 front. I think the 5 tech's we currently have can naturally slide out and play 7 tech. Guys like Jaquez, Jobity, Simmons and Smith. Inside guys will be more of a adjustment. I imagine Fuentes, Lockett, Ingarham, Perry will play inside along with any transfers they bring in.

Yup and when they go with the traditonal 4 front. I think the 5 tech's we currently have can naturally slide out and play 7 tech. Guys like Jaquez, Jobity, Simmons and Smith. Inside guys will be more of a adjustment. I imagine Fuentes, Lockett, Ingarham, Perry will play inside along with any transfers they bring in.
DL continues to be an evolving and interesting position group.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom