Class of 2017 - WR Tyree Henry (MD) Offered | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 WR Tyree Henry (MD) Offered

Honestly, I think room at wideout will be there. Could totally see several Shafer recruited wrs moving on early...

Well looking at the numbers and how many years players have left after this year:

Estime - SR - graduates
Cornelius - Redshirt SR - graduates
Etta-Tawo - Redshirt SR - graduates
Avant - Redshirt JR - graduates (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year)

Phillips - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep
Ishmael - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep
Custis - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep

Enoicy - Redshirt SO - 1 year left (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year)
Perkins - SO - 2 years left
Womack - SO - 2 years left

Bradshaw - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left
Riley - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left

The guys in red should all be gone after this season. The guys in green are on the current 2 deep or were recruited by this staff. The guys in orange - anyone's guess as to how their careers progress at this point. They may be around after this season, they may transfer out.

Looking at our commits, we have the following:

Russel Thompson-Bishop - 6'1
Cam Jordan - 6'4
Josh Palmer - 6'3
Nykeim Johnson - 5'9
Sharod Johnson - 5'11

If you look at how this offense is stacked up, it seems to have a 2 larger WR spots and a speedy/shifty WR spot. And sometimes going 4 wide to include 2 slot shifty guys.

I think using both our current recruits and the returning WR's, this is how I would guess our 2017 depth chart would play out with current personnel (this is based on seniority):

WR1
Ishmael
Custis
Enoicy
Jordan

WR2
Womack
Perkins
Palmer
Thompson-Bishop

WR3
Phillips
Riley
Bradshaw
Johnson
Johnson

That's 13 WR's, but there's no guarantee that Bradshaw stays at WR, or the guys in Orange above are in the staff's future plans. I guess we'll have to see how the season plays out to get a better feel for the guys not currently on the 2 deep. I have to agree that I think there is definitely opportunity for movement depending on how things play out.

I've said all along I could see 6 and an outside shot at 7 WRs in this class.

Ol/Dl and that's about it for need.

tep624 said:
Well looking at the numbers and how many years players have left after this year: Estime - SR - graduates Cornelius - Redshirt SR - graduates Etta-Tawo - Redshirt SR - graduates Avant - Redshirt JR - graduates (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year) Phillips - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep Ishmael - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep Custis - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep Enoicy - Redshirt SO - 1 year left (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year) Perkins - SO - 2 years left Womack - SO - 2 years left Bradshaw - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left Riley - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left The guys in red should all be gone after this season. The guys in green are on the current 2 deep or were recruited by this staff. The guys in orange - anyone's guess as to how their careers progress at this point. They may be around after this season, they may transfer out. Looking at our commits, we have the following: Russel Thompson-Bishop - 6'1 Cam Jordan - 6'4 Josh Palmer - 6'3 Nykeim Johnson - 5'9 Sharod Johnson - 5'11 If you look at how this offense is stacked up, it seems to have a 2 larger WR spots and a speedy/shifty WR spot. And sometimes going 4 wide to include 2 slot shifty guys. I think using both our current recruits and the returning WR's, this is how I would guess our 2017 depth chart would play out with current personnel (this is based on seniority): WR1 Ishmael Custis Enoicy Jordan WR2 Womack Perkins Palmer Thompson-Bishop WR3 Phillips Riley Bradshaw Johnson Johnson That's 13 WR's, but there's no guarantee that Bradshaw stays at WR, or the guys in Orange above are in the staff's future plans. I guess we'll have to see how the season plays out to get a better feel for the guys not currently on the 2 deep. I have to agree that I think there is definitely opportunity for movement depending on how things play out.

Are we sure Butler is a RB? He looks like a perfect outside WR.

Well looking at the numbers and how many years players have left after this year:

Estime - SR - graduates
Cornelius - Redshirt SR - graduates
Etta-Tawo - Redshirt SR - graduates
Avant - Redshirt JR - graduates (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year)

Phillips - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep
Ishmael - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep
Custis - JR - 1 year left - 2 deep

Enoicy - Redshirt SO - 1 year left (I don't see him being brought back for a 5th year)
Perkins - SO - 2 years left
Womack - SO - 2 years left

Bradshaw - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left
Riley - FR - likely redshirt - 4 years left

The guys in red should all be gone after this season. The guys in green are on the current 2 deep or were recruited by this staff. The guys in orange - anyone's guess as to how their careers progress at this point. They may be around after this season, they may transfer out.

Looking at our commits, we have the following:

Russel Thompson-Bishop - 6'1
Cam Jordan - 6'4
Josh Palmer - 6'3
Nykeim Johnson - 5'9
Sharod Johnson - 5'11

If you look at how this offense is stacked up, it seems to have a 2 larger WR spots and a speedy/shifty WR spot. And sometimes going 4 wide to include 2 slot shifty guys.

I think using both our current recruits and the returning WR's, this is how I would guess our 2017 depth chart would play out with current personnel (this is based on seniority):

WR1
Ishmael
Custis
Enoicy
Jordan

WR2
Womack
Perkins
Palmer
Thompson-Bishop

WR3
Phillips
Riley
Bradshaw
Johnson
Johnson

That's 13 WR's, but there's no guarantee that Bradshaw stays at WR, or the guys in Orange above are in the staff's future plans. I guess we'll have to see how the season plays out to get a better feel for the guys not currently on the 2 deep. I have to agree that I think there is definitely opportunity for movement depending on how things play out.

Butler will start opposite Steady Stevie next year or at least split time with Custis.

Back to Henry, he could play right away. Would be our best freshman WR IMO

tep624 said:
I completely forgot about Butler to be honest. So make that 14 lol.

Lol

Coach said today that they are still deciding on red shirting him or not - just due to depth.

Berlin is out on the Eastern shore of MD. A lot of the competition is suspect. Looks like an athlete but will probably need some time to develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom