Class of 2021 - WR Umari Hatcher (VA) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2021 WR Umari Hatcher (VA) Offered

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would be a great get. He's had a quiet recruitment. We need to add a twitchy outside WR. This kid fits that. Trishton Jackson Taj Harris type mold.
IMO he is better than both. What I have watched live he will smoke anyone trying to jam. Had offers to play at the high school powers and turned them down (think the catholic league in the dmv) loyal kid will ball out

Huge fan of his talent. Tall, fast, athletic, ball skills. I agree with the comparison, but he's a bit taller than them.

Umari is 6’3”.
Taj is 6’2”.

I guess 1” (assuming that’s legit) is “a bit”

(TJ listed at 6’1” fwiw)

but yes, totally agree that he’s a talent, and would be an awesome get for us.
Could be the kind of kid who comes in like Taj did as a Frosh and rewrites the record books.

(Which, props again to Taj, who was a QB in HS.)

[
Umari is 6’3”.
Taj is 6’2”.

I guess 1” (assuming that’s legit) is “a bit”

(TJ listed at 6’1” fwiw)

but yes, totally agree that he’s a talent, and would be an awesome get for us.
Could be the kind of kid who comes in like Taj did as a Frosh and rewrites the record books.

(Which, props again to Taj, who was a QB in HS.)
Two be compared to them two guys says a lot. Not sure if he's the athlete they were but he is the better pure WR at this stage of his HS career.

[

Two be compared to them two guys says a lot. Not sure if he's the athlete they were but he is the better pure WR at this stage of his HS career.
What I loved about Harris HS film was his considerable YAC. This guy also brings the home run threat and I think is further developed than Harris was coming out of HS by virtue of Harris playing a lot of QB there.

What I loved about Harris HS film was his considerable YAC. This guy also brings the home run threat and I think is further developed than Harris was coming out of HS by virtue of Harris playing a lot of QB there.
Yeah Hatcher is a more polished WR coming out. Great body control and tracking of the ball. He would be a fabulous get.

Rewatching his highlights. He sure is open a lot, he is bigger and faster than his competition, and he certainly looks bigger than his listed 6’3”.

let’s hope that CB comes through for us. We could definitely use him.

Also that would give us the #1 DB in NJ and #1WR in VA (at least he was at some point according to his HUDL)

here’s hoping the staff can close this one!

has he made any statements about a commit date?

For now, they'll both be systematically downgraded after committing to SU.

Is this fruit of the Chip West tree? Anyone know who lead is with him?

For now, they'll both be systematically downgraded after committing to SU.

Thats fine. I think we should just institute a "rank at time of commitment" policy for our recruits and only focus on that aspect, so that late decreases in recruiting ratings don't affect our (ok not ours, but the general publics) thoughts on those guys.

Getting ahead of myself, but can't help but have visions of Tucker/Hough in the backfield, Benson/Mahar at TE, Jordan in the slot, and then add Hatcher opposite Taj with a senior arm like TD, I mean ... grab your jockstraps, gentlemen.
Something tells me ja’vontae williams plays a prominent role sooner than later but that’s for another thread. Hatcher offers us another playmaking athlete that gives us a chance every time he catches the ball in space. As mentioned, a lot like Harris.

Something tells me ja’vontae williams plays a prominent role sooner than later but that’s for another thread. Hatcher offers us another playmaking athlete that gives us a chance every time he catches the ball in space. As mentioned, a lot like Harris.
I will second you on the Javontae Williams call. I think that young man is going to get snaps and play well.

Rewatching his highlights. He sure is open a lot, he is bigger and faster than his competition, and he certainly looks bigger than his listed 6’3”.

let’s hope that CB comes through for us. We could definitely use him.

Also that would give us the #1 DB in NJ and #1WR in VA (at least he was at some point according to his HUDL)

here’s hoping the staff can close this one!

has he made any statements about a commit date?

Ditto!

Hope he announces when he’s announcing in an announcement soon.
:p

Sooner the better. This would be redemption for missing on guys like Rondell Moore, Meiga, Kentron, etc...

Last edited:
I like what I am hearing.

Can you smell what Umari is cooking? ;)

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sdot

Online statistics