WV hiring Neal Brown | Syracusefan.com

WV hiring Neal Brown

Tough time to lose your HC. We saw with the Coach P firing how hard it was for GR to fill a staff this late in the cycle. Though I wonder how hang of Holgersen’s staff want to follow him to Houston. That might be extra incentive to promote from within.

Craziest coaching carousel. Thought it ended over a week ago. And here it is heating up again. Fickell would be a great hire.

Clawson to West Virginia as a possibility? Interesting.

If your Clawson you def make that jump......I don't see Fickel taking the job and the Troy coach has already turned down some solid Power 5 jobs don't see him jumping ship this late in the game.

He also knows the road to NC going thru clemson/FSU is much harder than whatever the B12 throws at him and his system will work there

Clawson isn't young a better offer isn't coming to him than WVU.

Fickel has Cincy rolling but since he'll never coach OSU again WVU might be as good as it gets. I wouldn't leave that region under any circumstances if I was him.

Clawson isn't young a better offer isn't coming to him than WVU.

Fickel has Cincy rolling but since he'll never coach OSU again WVU might be as good as it gets. I wouldn't leave that region under any circumstances if I was him.
Fickell has a chance to turn Cincy into a Boise or UCF...and Cincy isn't too many years off those great BE teams.

Tough time to lose your HC. We saw with the Coach P firing how hard it was for GR to fill a staff this late in the cycle. Though I wonder how hang of Holgersen’s staff want to follow him to Houston. That might be extra incentive to promote from within.
It's not as bad now because of the early signing day. We used to get hosed by firing coaches or them leaving just before the February NSD.

Everyone has there own preferences but having been to both areas, I prefer the Winston-Salem to Morgantown. If he likes the mountains though, WVU could be nice change.

Everyone has there own preferences but having been to both areas, I prefer the Winston-Salem to Morgantown. If he likes the mountains though, WVU could be nice change.

Oh for sure Winston-Salem over Morgantown. No question. I’ve been to both as well. Crazy how mountainous and steep that campus and area is. Gondolas/ski lifts taking kids and people around campus. But, the city and general area is really trashy, depressed, and downtown Morgantown suucks. Winston-Salem has a charming aspect to it, way more class, good food, and a few airports relatively close. Could be factors.

Clawson to Wvu makes a lot of sense and they’d be dangerous almost immediately

Here is a updated look at their candidate pool.
wv.jpg

Oh for sure Winston-Salem over Morgantown. No question. I’ve been to both as well. Crazy how mountainous and steep that campus and area is. Gondolas/ski lifts taking kids and people around campus. But, the city and general area is really trashy, depressed, and downtown Morgantown suucks. Winston-Salem has a charming aspect to it, way more class, good food, and a few airports relatively close. Could be factors.
And only a few hours from the carolina beaches. He may not care about that, but it's one of the things drawing my family and me there in a few years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom