WVU lawsuit analogy: Navy PBR boat (like in apocalypse now) | Syracusefan.com

WVU lawsuit analogy: Navy PBR boat (like in apocalypse now)

liljoe

Scout Team
I see this as the best analogy for West Virginia's lawsuit, and why I think it's a winner for them and a loser for Syracuse and Pitt.

Remember the little patrol boat in Apocalypse Now? Let us say that boat is the Big East. All the crewmen are the schools. There you are, heading into the "weeds" and not knowing what is ahead. And next thing you know, when things start getting a little hot, your boat starts taking a couple hits, two of your crewmen a medic and an engineer (su and pitt) bail out. Clearly, they are in line for a court marshal. Now you suddenly are shorthanded, not able to man all the guns and control the boat, take care of the boat engine or attend to the wounded. Suddenly the engine begins to die, and another guy bails. The boat is dead in the water, and you're a sitting duck. The ships going down.

It is at that moment that a magic water sprite emerges from the water with a cloak of invincibility.

Point: Can you really court marshal the next guy who abandons ship for the tree sprite and the cloak of invincibility? No, you can't. And that guy is WVU.

Yeah but didn't Chef get his head cut off for leaving the boat? Could be WVU. :)

I love the smell of litigation in the morning. It smells like...victory!

I see this as the best analogy for West Virginia's lawsuit, and why I think it's a winner for them and a loser for Syracuse and Pitt.

Remember the little patrol boat in Apocalypse Now? Let us say that boat is the Big East. All the crewmen are the schools. There you are, heading into the "weeds" and not knowing what is ahead. And next thing you know, when things start getting a little hot, your boat starts taking a couple hits, two of your crewmen a medic and an engineer (su and pitt) bail out. Clearly, they are in line for a court marshal. Now you suddenly are shorthanded, not able to man all the guns and control the boat, take care of the boat engine or attend to the wounded. Suddenly the engine begins to die, and another guy bails. The boat is dead in the water, and you're a sitting duck. The ships going down.

It is at that moment that a magic water sprite emerges from the water with a cloak of invincibility.

Point: Can you really court marshal the next guy who abandons ship for the tree sprite and the cloak of invincibility? No, you can't. And that guy is WVU.
But SU and Pitt haven't yet abandoned ship--they just announced that they are going to do so, sometime within the next >27 months.

But SU and Pitt haven't yet abandoned ship--they just announced that they are going to do so, sometime within the next >27 months.

Serenity now, serenity now...

Serenity now, serenity now...
Ah, the shortcomings of the internet!

I was just trying to give a counter-balancing argument, in a somewhat serene manner.:)

Your Apocalypse Now story has to be one of the worst analogies I've ever read...anywhere...ever!

Wait, I think I can do one better.

This situation is like the McDowells robbery scene in Coming to America. The Big East is the store and WVU is the thief played by Samuel L Jackson. While trying to rob the store, Prince Akeem (SU) and Semmi (Pitt) kick the crap out of Jackson with a broom stick and steal his shotgun only to still get stuff on by Soul Glow Darryl.

My point is that Louie Anderson (Marinatto) will soon be the Fry Cook...and that's when the big bucks will start rolling in.

Guys, guys. Clearly this situation is more akin to the plot of Iron Eagle III.

Marlin Brando!!!! Thank you for really changing acting.

"All along the Water Front"

:)

More like DR Strange Love No fighting in the War room!

Your Apocalypse Now story has to be one of the worst analogies I've ever read...anywhere...ever!

Wait, I think I can do one better.

This situation is like the McDowells robbery scene in Coming to America. The Big East is the store and WVU is the thief played by Samuel L Jackson. While trying to rob the store, Prince Akeem (SU) and Semmi (Pitt) kick the crap out of Jackson with a broom stick and steal his shotgun only to still get stuff on by Soul Glow Darryl.

My point is that Louie Anderson (Marinatto) will soon be the Fry Cook...and that's when the big bucks will start rolling in.

To each his own...

Wrath of Kahn or Empire Strikes Back.

Only 2 movies in history where they are better than the originals. Well BE Raid 2 has far surpassed BE Raid 1. This time there's more money, more drama, more finger pointing, more praying, more, moRE, MORE! I can't wait for BE Raid 3-D!!!!! I think that's where Marinatto explodes all over the screen, totally gruesome!!

Wrath of Kahn or Empire Strikes Back.

Only 2 movies in history where they are better than the originals. Well BE Raid 2 has far surpassed BE Raid 1. This time there's more money, more drama, more finger pointing, more praying, more, moRE, MORE! I can't wait for BE Raid 3-D!!!!! I think that's where Marinatto explodes all over the screen, totally gruesome!!

MARINATTO !!!!

khan.jpg