WWE Thread | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

WWE Thread

Three week is not a lot of time for a buildup if this is indeed a match. If it's like Rock vs Rowan, then it just feels not worth it
It’s just…absurd. Think back to around the year 2000 and try to imagine like, Superstar Billy Graham coming back for one last match, and that being one of the main selling points for Mania.

They have zero clue how to run a fresh, exciting wrestling show.

Three week is not a lot of time for a buildup if this is indeed a match. If it's like Rock vs Rowan, then it just feels not worth it
It’s not going to be match. Austin is way to protective of his brand and legacy.
I like Owens but he isn’t worthy of this match.
It would be smarter to incorporate AJ Styles somebody who could carry Austin and make a match work. Austin cares about how a match would look and not just cash a check.

Austin doesn’t need this and he ended his career the right way.

Owens eating a stunner in a 1 minute match doesn’t count.

I forgot Wrestlemania was coming up so soon. Doing a good job building excitement Vince!

I forgot Wrestlemania was coming up so soon. Doing a good job building excitement Vince!

WrestleMania Saturday (so far):

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair

"The KO Show"
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin to confront Kevin Owens

Edge vs. AJ Styles

Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz & Logan Paul

Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs

WrestleMania Sunday (so far):

WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion Winner Take All Championship Unification Match

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns

Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn

Raw Tag Team Championship Match
RK-Bro (c) vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy

Women’s Tag Team Championship Match
Queen Zelina & Carmella (c) vs. Sasha Banks & Naomi vs. Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan vs. Natalya & Shayna Baszler

Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory

It'll be interesting to see what Stone Cold can still do. He'll no doubt open up a can of whoopa$$ on KO. Roman/Brock (this one I should've seen live at Day 1 here in ATL but RR was out last second with Covid) and Edge/AJ should both be good matches. Both women's title matches should be good too. Three Hollywood matches is too much.. one has always been the standard. The rest of the card... meh. They are doing the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on Smackdown this week rather than at Mania. I'm guessing Finn Balor (US champ-- and maybe as the Demon) gets added to fight Damien Priest.. and Seth Rollins gets his Mania match vs... Cody Rhodes (his debut back in WWE).

Last edited:
Vince is currently working on adding a 4th Hollywood match for Mania...

Will Smith vs Chris Rock

WrestleMania Saturday (so far):

SmackDown Women’s Championship Match

Charlotte Flair (c) vs. Ronda Rousey

Raw Women’s Championship Match
Becky Lynch (c) vs. Bianca Belair

"The KO Show"
"Stone Cold" Steve Austin to confront Kevin Owens

Edge vs. AJ Styles

Rey & Dominik Mysterio vs. The Miz & Logan Paul

Drew McIntyre vs. Happy Corbin

SmackDown Tag Team Championship Match
The Usos (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Rick Boogs

WrestleMania Sunday (so far):

WWE Champion vs. Universal Champion Winner Take All Championship Unification Match

WWE Champion Brock Lesnar vs. Universal Champion Roman Reigns

Johnny Knoxville vs. Sami Zayn

Raw Tag Team Championship Match
RK-Bro (c) vs. The Street Profits vs. Alpha Academy

Women’s Tag Team Championship Match
Queen Zelina & Carmella (c) vs. Sasha Banks & Naomi vs. Rhea Ripley & Liv Morgan vs. Natalya & Shayna Baszler

Pat McAfee vs. Austin Theory

It'll be interesting to see what Stone Cold can still do. He'll no doubt open up a can of whoopa$$ on KO. Roman/Brock (this one I should've seen live at Day 1 here in ATL but RR was out last second with Covid) and Edge/AJ should both be good matches. Both women's title matches should be good too. Three Hollywood matches is too much.. one has always been the standard. The rest of the card... meh. They are doing the Andre The Giant Battle Royal on Smackdown this week rather than at Mania. I'm guessing Finn Balor (US champ-- and maybe as the Demon) gets added to fight Damien Priest.. and Seth Rollins gets his Mania match vs... Cody Rhodes (his debut back in WWE).

Apparently Finn Balor and Damien Priest are in the Battle Royale.

So its looks like Mania has matches with Logan Paul, Johnny Knoxville, Pat McAfee and wrestling celebrities (Rousey and Austin) but no room for an Intercontinental or US Title match. Then again about less than half the fanbase could probably name both of the current champions. They have just destroyed those two titles.

That being said will watch Wrestlemania (with the help of the Fast Forward PVR option). It's decently possible it will entertain overall (esepcially with the FF button)

Bobby Lashley is back. He is challenging the undefeated monster Omas at Mania.

Seth is getting his Mania match. Vince isn't telling him who it is though. (It's going to be Cody.)

The Steiners are going into the WWE HOF. Long overdue. Hopefully they'll let Rick's son go by Steiner now (when he comes up to the main roster full time). Not a fan of the name Bron Breakker. But the kid as it. Legit.

Bobby Lashley is back. He is challenging the undefeated monster Omas at Mania.

Seth is getting his Mania match. Vince isn't telling him who it is though. (It's going to be Cody.)

The Steiners are going into the WWE HOF. Long overdue. Hopefully they'll let Rick's son go by Steiner now (when he comes up to the main roster full time). Not a fan of the name Bron Breakker. But the kid as it. Legit.
I can’t say I’ve even thought of whether the Steiners were in the HOF or not, but now that I think of it….yeah, it’s shocking they weren’t already there. Top 5 tag team of all time, IMO.

Apparently Finn Balor and Damien Priest are in the Battle Royale.

So its looks like Mania has matches with Logan Paul, Johnny Knoxville, Pat McAfee and wrestling celebrities (Rousey and Austin) but no room for an Intercontinental or US Title match. Then again about less than half the fanbase could probably name both of the current champions. They have just destroyed those two titles.

That being said will watch Wrestlemania (with the help of the Fast Forward PVR option). It's decently possible it will entertain overall (esepcially with the FF button)
Agreed. Sad that those belts are so underused now.

This would've been a 'stupendous' opportunity to have a Wrestlemania IC Ladder Match.. especially with the recent passing of Razor.

Any news on Gable Steveson showing up to WrestleMania?
I heard he was the back-up plan if Lashley wasn't ready to wrestle again.

This would also be a big time swerve if he is Seth's mystery opponent and not Cody.

Agreed. Sad that those belts are so underused now.

This would've been a 'stupendous' opportunity to have a Wrestlemania IC Ladder Match.. especially with the recent passing of Razor.

I am going out on a limb and saying you may be onto something.

I can see them doing something on Friday Smackdown whereby the winners of a match / couple of matches get the right to a ladder match with Riccochet on the Sunday show. That night still only has 5 matches.

OK, who am I kidding with this fantasy booking stuff. Riccochet will be buried in the battle royale as well.

I heard he was the back-up plan if Lashley wasn't ready to wrestle again.

This would also be a big time swerve if he is Seth's mystery opponent and not Cody.

I heard its Lashley vs Amos that is being planned.

I can’t say I’ve even thought of whether the Steiners were in the HOF or not, but now that I think of it….yeah, it’s shocking they weren’t already there. Top 5 tag team of all time, IMO.

I think there was a poor relationship between the WWE and one of the brothers.

I heard somebody explain it best the other day -- you respect and admire the WWE Hall of Fame for its strong entertainment value -- not for its fairness.

I assume with Rick Steiner's son getting a major push, whatever issues that existed were mended.

I think there was a poor relationship between the WWE and one of the brothers.

I heard somebody explain it best the other day -- you respect and admire the WWE Hall of Fame for its strong entertainment value -- not for its fairness.

I assume with Rick Steiner's son getting a major push, whatever issues that existed were mended.
It was with Scott... Big Poppa Pump.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom