Yankee home runs are keeping the team in first place | Syracusefan.com

Yankee home runs are keeping the team in first place

CaliCuse

All American
Not griping about the fact that there has been atotal lack of hard hit ballsi n the gap that can clear the bases as well as a home run. Gap hits also set up big innings by creating "manufacturing"runsCombine this with the bullpen its an interesting season and entrrtaingyyear for Yankee fans. If they blow the playoffs now there will be some heads rolling like the Boss would do it. This might include Giardi. although I think it would be a mistake unless Billy Martin can be reincarnated.

Employing the long ball strategy in the playoffs is a tough task. Facing the elite #1's and #2's of a pitching staff, with the #3/4's on a team with World Series potential being a #2 on any other roster, makes it a daunting task. They have to improve the situational hitting and learn "small ball" if they want to make a run.

If the pitching holds up, obviously I am excited. But relying on HR after HR never seems to be a recipe for postseason success.

I'm too lazy to research (and have some writing of my own to do tonight), but I am now curious Cali. I wonder how teams have faired in the postseason that led the majors in regular season HR's? Maybe I'm wrong.