YANKEES ARE ALREADSY BEGINNING TOFIX ROSTER | Syracusefan.com

YANKEES ARE ALREADSY BEGINNING TOFIX ROSTER

CaliCuse

All American
OUTMAN IS ON DFA and four kids put on "active roster" Sanchez BanuelosCampos and two which I have zipped out of mind. Not a hard thing to happen . Lots of doors to get out easy.Sometimes they come back in . the other player added to the active 25 man roster is Ramon Flores Who know what the Cashman plans on doing next? We know there won't be an open account for free agents. offering QOs to the wrong players might stick the Yankees with a couple Japanese geezers I'm guessing you all know who they are. They should obviously put one of those on Robertson's desk just in case he decides to go elsewhere the team can pick up a pick. In any event the 25 and 40 man roster must be cleaned up of the deadwood. Outman was the first.

Last edited:
OUTMAN IS ON DFA and four kids put on "active roster" Sanchez BanuelosCampos and two which I have zipped out of mind. Not a hard thing to happen . Lots of doors to get out easy.Sometimes they come back in . the other player added to the active 25 man roster is Ramon Flores Who know what the Cashman plans on doing next? We know there won't be an open account for free agents. offering QOs to the wrong players might stick the Yankees with a couple Japanese geezers I'm guessing you all know who they are. They should obviously put one of those on Robertson's desk just in case he decides to go elsewhere the team can pick up a pick. In any event the 25 and 40 man roster must be cleaned up of the deadwood. Outman was the first.
Rest easy, Cali. I doubt the Yankees will be bringing back Ichiro, and I get the feeling Kuroda will be retiring or returning to Japan to finish out his career.

Funny thing about those "Japanese geezers" though; Kuroda was the only guy left standing from the April rotation, and Ichiro, who played far more (and far better) than anyone anticipated, was one of the few position players (along with the 40-year-old shortstop) to reach the finish line in good health.

Don't get too excited.

Josh Outman has been assigned to Scranton.

Being on the "active" list now just means they're expected to show up in Tampa next Spring. There won't be an official 25 man roster released until next April.

Rest easy, Cali. I doubt the Yankees will be bringing back Ichiro, and I get the feeling Kuroda will be retiring or returning to Japan to finish out his career.

Funny thing about those "Japanese geezers" though; Kuroda was the only guy left standing from the April rotation, and Ichiro, who played far more (and far better) than anyone anticipated, was one of the few position players (along with the 40-year-old shortstop) to reach the finish line in good health.
Thats true enough but the facts of life are that as we get older the physical side of our daily life diminishes Baseball players that get to 40 are in decline . Even Derek Jeter was showing that at timesDerek was never a player hat displayed emotion yet recently after failing at bat he was seen on TV slamming his hat or glove on the bench. Totally uncharacteristic for him He knew it was time even if he finished strong.As I've stated before Ichiro is a freak of nature. His physical conditioning and that swing,while very successful is an amonination to coaches every where when kids try to copy him. Its rare that they have any success doing that. I hope the Yankees say good bye. I would think about giving him a QO but he might accept that and now they have a plus 40 year old in the outfield. The best thing about a QO is if he refuses and signs elsewhere the team gets a draft pick out of the deal The Yankees have a whole lot of options for right field. Beltran Perela Prado, although these two are quality 2nd basemen unless Refsynder proves him self early. Even Aaron Judge might show something in the spring. Left field is also a "?" Cris Young is kind of an inigma. He might get a QO but thats in doubt as far as I can see at this point

Thats true enough but the facts of life are that as we get older the physical side of our daily life diminishes Baseball players that get to 40 are in decline . Even Derek Jeter was showing that at timesDerek was never a player hat displayed emotion yet recently after failing at bat he was seen on TV slamming his hat or glove on the bench. Totally uncharacteristic for him He knew it was time even if he finished strong.As I've stated before Ichiro is a freak of nature. His physical conditioning and that swing,while very successful is an amonination to coaches every where when kids try to copy him. Its rare that they have any success doing that. I hope the Yankees say good bye. I would think about giving him a QO but he might accept that and now they have a plus 40 year old in the outfield. The best thing about a QO is if he refuses and signs elsewhere the team gets a draft pick out of the deal The Yankees have a whole lot of options for right field. Beltran Perela Prado, although these two are quality 2nd basemen unless Refsynder proves him self early. Even Aaron Judge might show something in the spring. Left field is also a "?" Cris Young is kind of an inigma. He might get a QO but thats in doubt as far as I can see at this point
Obviously, nearly all baseball players show a decline from their peak performance as they near 40. My point was simply that guys like Kuroda, Ichiro and Jeter managed to remain healthy this season, while many other (younger) players did not. Any team needs a great deal of good fortune in terms of health to be successful. In the Torre/Girardi era, the Yankees have generally been pretty fortunate in this area, with the exception of these last few seasons when guys of all ages have gone down with serious injuries.

As far as qualifying offers go, the only possible candidate to receive one would be Robertson because the 2015 number will be somewhere in excess of $14 million. I would like to see the Yankees bring back Chris Young (fourth outfielder) and Chase Headley (third base, as they should expect nothing from Arod, and backup for Tex) on reasonable two year deals.

Last edited:
Obviously, nearly all baseball players show a decline from their peak performance as they near 40. My point was simply that guys like Kuroda, Ichiro and Jeter managed to remain healthy this season, while many other (younger) players did not. Any team needs a great deal of good fortune in terms of health to be successful. In the Torre/Girardi era, the Yankees have generally been pretty fortunate in this area, with the exception of these last few seasons when guys of all ages have gone down with serious injuries.

As far as qualifying offers go, the only possible candidate to receive one would be Robertson because the 2015 number will be somewhere in excess of $14 million. I would like to see the Yankees bring back Chris Young (fourth outfielder) and Chase Headley (third base, as they should expect nothing from Arod, and backup for Tex) on reasonable two year deals.
I totally agree that nothing should be expected from A-Hole. I can't give any respect to that guy. Headley should be brought back only in a respectful contract amount and time period I might be inclined to take a very long look at Ken Roller at first base. The big question is his defense. I thick his hitting would be enough to supply power and average. There are a couple others but its too soon for them at this point. Refsynder played all year at 2nd base but has had experience in the outfield, which may have some influence on Cashman and Joe. Austin and Heathcott are closing in fast on producing or going away. Ichiro and Kuroda survived 2014 without injury but thse two were lucky. I would not trust that to happen again. The Yankees have more quality pitching in the farm system which has been maligned in recent years. The problem is that Cashman has bought into this crap. Severe injuries forced the hands in looking at Shane Greene. There are "others" I think we find out if Banuelos is the real deal this coming season along with Ramires and maybe Mitchell.

Headley wants to be an every day player.

He won't stay in NY if he's only going to sub for ARoid and Tex.

Headley wants to be an every day player.

He won't stay in NY if he's only going to sub for ARoid and Tex.
Given their injury histories it's a good bet that he would have his choice of 3rd base or 1st base pretty much on a daily basis.

Kuroda has actually been a workhorse for them over the last 3 seasons. Only pitcher at 200 innings all three seasons.

Kuroda 32 starts 199 innings
Tanaka 20 starts 136 innings

Sabathia 32 starts 211 innings
Kuroda 32 starts 201 innings
Pettitte 30 starts 185 innings
Hughes 29 starts 145 innings

Kuroda 33 starts 219 innings
Sabathia 28 starts 200 innings
Hughes 32 starts 191 innings
Nova 28 starts 170 innings

Kuroda will be a big loss if he can't be counted on for a large number of starts, whether its because he goes elsewhere or simply can't do it due to advancing age.

I want to thank you folks for the coverage of the Yankees all year. I don't get access to any AL info down here in DC except the Oreos.:)

I want to thank you folks for the coverage of the Yankees all year. I don't get access to any AL info down here in DC except the Oreos.:)
All you really need to do is look at Cali's Yankees posts and you're good to go. That's what I do. ;)