yards per play defense wasn't historically bad believe it or not | Syracusefan.com

yards per play defense wasn't historically bad believe it or not

different way to look at it filtering out the fcs scrubs
School Game Finder Query Results | College Football at Sports-Reference.com
32nd worst

6th worst was 2013 florida state.

we won a bowl game that year so let's hope

FSU only had 45 plays that year so they "only" had 523 yards. (we had two forty seven , the numerals are banned apparently )

at least this year, we scored. that game was 59 to 3

Last edited:
Not talked about due to the complete defensive meltdown is that our offensive yards per play last night was lower than last year's average. I know it's not part of the narrative today but the offense last night was not good despite the 28 on the board.

Basically, we sucked on both sides of the ball just historically bad on defense.

I have to say I was entertained for about 3 quarters tho so if there is possibly a fun way to lose we may have found it last night.

Not talked about due to the complete defensive meltdown is that our offensive yards per play last night was lower than last year's average. I know it's not part of the narrative today but the offense last night was not good despite the 28 on the board.

Basically, we sucked on both sides of the ball just historically bad on defense.

I have to say I was entertained for about 3 quarters tho so if there is possibly a fun way to lose we may have found it last night.
293 yards passing and 121 rushing yards, we would have killed for that all year long last year. Yes the offense was out of sync. Might have been due to the top 20 defense we played that jammed our WR not allowing them to get off the line, the NT and mike LB are all conference and will be playing Sunday. Lot's of things went into the lose last night, we will have better days for sure.

293 yards passing and 121 rushing yards, we would have killed for that all year long last year. Yes the offense was out of sync. Might have been due to the top 20 defense we played that jammed our WR not allowing them to get off the line, the NT and mike LB are all conference and will be playing Sunday. Lot's of things went into the lose last night, we will have better days for sure.

Exactly. The offense struggled due to the quality of the opponent and the athletes they have on D.

The offense is going to look like world beaters the next two games comparatively, against two teams that don't have anywhere close to that kind of talent defensive level.

The offensive system is fine. Game 2, year 1 -- and we'll look better as the OL performs better.

I had a feeling last night was going to happen. If we get boat raced by UCONN in 2 weeks that's another story.

It was a bit like last year where they scored in the drives where the could move the ball at all

Whole lot of incompletions for 0 yards in that average.

We ran out of gas.