Year In Sports: Syracuse teams struggle with athletic facility limitations (DO) | Syracusefan.com

Year In Sports: Syracuse teams struggle with athletic facility limitations (DO)

tell me why a LAX team could practice clearing in Manley? You dont clear length of the field so half workls most of the time and hardly clear much behind your own goal. you could practice side to side if width was an issue and get a 50-60 yd field plenty wide..

That article came off as so whiny, except for the field hockey coach (who was positive) and Gait (who was at least diplomatic about the lack of support from the AD).

You're embarrassed that recreational skaters are visible in your game film, Mr. Hockey Coach? Are you kidding?

Isn't it partially Gait's responsibility to help raise the money? What's he complaining about?

anglerman said:
Gross isn't the greatest AD is he?

Why?

You, of course, know that each and every one of those sports either didn't exist during Jake's tenure, or had far worse facilities than they have now.

Why?

You, of course, know that each and every one of those sports either didn't exist during Jake's tenure, or had far worse facilities than they have now.

Good point.

If anyone should be complaining (and I don't think anyone should - at least, not via the D.O.), it's the guy who won an ACC championship in his first year but during his tenure has lost a full four on-campus facilities that his do-nothing predecessor enjoyed.

That article came off as so whiny, except for the field hockey coach (who was positive) and Gait (who was at least diplomatic about the lack of support from the AD).

You're embarrassed that recreational skaters are visible in your game film, Mr. Hockey Coach? Are you kidding?

The Taylor machine is rolling and getting faster. It always amazes me when a guy is about to be let go and things like this "magically" appear.

So Syracuse has a women's ice hockey team?

Yes - and Syracuse wrestling program was axed by title IX... Gene Mills, our former wrestling coach and 4X All-American and 2X National champion is coaching Mexico Highschool now...

Yes - and Syracuse wrestling program was axed by title IX... Gene Mills, our former wrestling coach and 4X All-American and 2X National champion is coaching Mexico Highschool now...
Yup I knew about the wrestling, was being honest about the women's hockey.
He was a couple years older than I was but I went to school with Kurt Honis at NS.

I wonder if SU should look at how the cornell mens wrestling program is funded.. best facility in the country and a rock show event.