Hall of Fame
16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

They wont win their next 5, but they are all winnable, so IF they do theyd be 21-9 (12-7). We’d probably be in the bubble conversation with 1 last shot at a signature road win.

I hate myself for doing this.

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

They wont win their next 5, but they are all winnable, so IF they do theyd be 21-9 (12-7). We’d probably be in the bubble conversation with 1 last shot at a signature road win.

I'm doing it too. Beat Clemson on the road to end season as last four in

16-9 (7-7)

At georgia tech
At nc state
Vs notre dame
Vs va tech
At louisville
At clemson

We haven't exactly been as good on the road as at home.

Beat GA tech, ND, and lville, let's say lose a close one to Clemson on the road, and split NC st and va tech to finish 4-2, win 1 maybe 2 in the acc tourney. Very do-able. Would love to finish up 5-1 but will be tough

Beat GA tech, ND, and lville, let's say lose a close one to Clemson on the road, and split NC st and va tech to finish 4-2, win 1 maybe 2 in the acc tourney. Very do-able. Would love to finish up 5-1 but will be tough
4-2 with one ACCT win will be an NIT bid.

Need 5-1 and at least 2 wins in ACCT, probably 3, to have a chance.

We have no bad losses but this was our first really big win that moves the needle.

We have no bad losses but this was our first really big win that moves the needle.
Agreed. I think it's a long shot to make the big dance due to that bad loss at BC and getting crushed by wake. Beating Clemson on the road would be huge though.

91st in NET prior to tonight. Long climb to get back into consideration. Need to get to 22 total wins including ACCT. At least tonight’s win leaves the door slightly ajar.
I had always thought 21 would get us in without winning vs UNC/Duke. I think 21 with this win gives us a good chance, and this win helps offset the BC loss.

I felt like we shouldnt have lost at BC or to Florida State. If we get hot now those games might bite us.
Ahh yeah, I forgot about Fl st. Must have blocked it out of my mind because it was so hard to watch. That was a bad loss. I still feel like we are a more talented team than they are

Let me put it this way. If we win Saturday at Georgia Tech, we all start figuring out who we need to be rooting against on the bubble, right? Like we can all say "It's not likely," but we all know what we're going to be doing right?

So there's a chance!

We have to win out until the ACCT championship game to have any chance. And if we get that far we might as well just get the autobid.

I'm not being a downer that is just reality given how bad the ACC and the lack of resume building opportunities left on our schedule. Hope that we get a good draw in DC and then weird chit happens like it tends to in March.

5-1 + 3 ACCT wins puts us at 24-11 overall. If we didn’t get in with that record it would be the biggest travesty in the history of the NCAAT.

All math points to us needing 6 more wins to be on the bubble. 7 should be good. 8 is a lock.

We have to win out until the ACCT championship game to have any chance. And if we get that far we might as well just get the autobid.

I'm not being a downer that is just reality given how bad the ACC and the lack of resume building opportunities left on our schedule. Hope that we get a good draw in DC and then weird chit happens like it tends to in March.
Incorrect

No way we need to do that "just to have a chance". Winning out in the regular season would have us at 21-9. We'd have at least three Quad 1 wins (@ Pitt, UNC, @ Clemson) and five Quad 2s (Oregon, Pitt, @ NC State, Va Tech, Miami). Our lone "bad" loss would likely be at home to Florida State (still by no means a back breaker at Quad 3).

So we'd take that 21-9 record into the ACC tournament and possibly get a double bye. But let's say we end up with just a single bye. We'd enter the ACC championship game 24-9.

That team is *safely* in and probably looking at a 8-9 seed.

Pitt is going to end up being quad one. They beat UVA tonight. They are going to end up making the tournament.
If Pitt ends up a quad one that instantly adds two to our resume. Which is nice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom