You are a liar if you say you saw this one coming... | Syracusefan.com

You are a liar if you say you saw this one coming...

DezisOrange

Walk On
First off, congrats to the team and staff for a dominating performance in all phases of the game.:) Even at the half I thought they would adjust and start rolling. But we just manhandled them on both sides of the ball. During the first half and the halftime show, all you heard from the announcers and Lou Holtz and Mark May was how "they were off", & "Gino Smith was just having a bad day" etc.,etc. No credit to us at all. But we changed all that in the second half when what was painfully obvious was laid bare for the nation to see...we just took them out behind the wood shed.!:mad: We beat'em like they were stealing! I have been very critical of offensive play calling, because it hasn't seemed...offensive.:bang: Well tonight Hackett came of age, just beautiful.(Do they even now know there is a position called TE?) Shafer continues his domination of spreads. Complete game all phases. This game would have destroyed Tulane, decimated Rutgers, and I dare say would have beaten USC. Special Teams was special. Dorian (Roberto Duran/hands of stone)Graham has turned into a go to guy! Just a special performance at the right time in front of many, many eyes.

Top-15 team... Conference favorite... lopsided score.... at home in front of one of our better crowds.... on national TV.... with OFFENSE to go with the shutdown D...

Most important game in over a decade?

I absolutely saw this coming! I also predicted NC State's upset of Houston in the '83 basketball tournament, the stock market crash of '29 and subsequent great deppression, and man walking on the moon.

First off, congrats to the team and staff for a dominating performance in all phases of the game.:) Even at the half I thought they would adjust and start rolling. But we just manhandled them on both sides of the ball. During the first half and the halftime show, all you heard from the announcers and Lou Holtz and Mark May was how "they were off", & "Gino Smith was just having a bad day" etc.,etc. No credit to us at all. But we changed all that in the second half when what was painfully obvious
was laid bare for the nation to see...we just took them out behind the wood shed.!:mad: We beat'em like they were stealing! I have been very critical of offensive play calling, because it hasn't seemed...offensive.:bang: Well tonight Hackett came of age, just beautiful.(Do they even now know there is a position called TE?) Shafer continues his domination of spreads. Complete game all phases. This game would have destroyed Tulane, decimated Rutgers, and I dare say would have beaten USC. Special Teams was special. Dorian (Roberto Duran/hands of stone)Graham has turned into a go to guy! Just a special performance at the right time in front of many, many eyes.

Sorry to disagree with you but I called it a 44-something win in the predictions thread for a very sound reason.

I absolutely saw this coming! I also predicted NC State's upset of Houston in the '83 basketball tournament, the stock market crash of '29 and subsequent great deppression, and man walking on the moon.

What a coincidence, I did too, as well as the housing crash! :)

I didn't get to see what was going on until the 4th Q since I was busy at work without access to internet/phone. When I did turn the game on I was pretty shocked at the score. I watched the reply on ESPN3 and ... wow. Its great to see the team execute so well after the first not-so-well-executed-games during the first half of the season. Even better is that the players must feel great knowing that if they focus on mistake free football and execute as a whole team that they can play at a very high level.

What a great game. It just feels, oh, so good to watch the team dominate and execute.

Good times.

First off, congrats to the team and staff for a dominating performance in all phases of the game.:) Even at the half I thought they would adjust and start rolling. But we just manhandled them on both sides of the ball. During the first half and the halftime show, all you heard from the announcers and Lou Holtz and Mark May was how "they were off", & "Gino Smith was just having a bad day" etc.,etc. No credit to us at all. But we changed all that in the second half when what was painfully obvious was laid bare for the nation to see...we just took them out behind the wood shed.!:mad: We beat'em like they were stealing! I have been very critical of offensive play calling, because it hasn't seemed...offensive.:bang: Well tonight Hackett came of age, just beautiful.(Do they even now know there is a position called TE?) Shafer continues his domination of spreads. Complete game all phases. This game would have destroyed Tulane, decimated Rutgers, and I dare say would have beaten USC. Special Teams was special. Dorian (Roberto Duran/hands of stone)Graham has turned into a go to guy! Just a special performance at the right time in front of many, many eyes.

Ahem! Called it. Take a look. My source was right on the money. ;)

http://www.syracusefan.com/threads/wooooooooooooooooooooooooh.4863/

I didn't call this game specifically, but I did feel that in the preseason predictions we were doing that we would win 1 game we werent' expected to and lose 1 we weren't expected to and end up around 8-4 headed towards a bowl game.

It's nice to see the team go out and hit on all cylinders and quiet the cynics. I know that Central NY's chief export is a negative disposition, but jeez it's been ridiculous around here lately.

I do hope this is a sign of the team coming together as a cohesive unit and not a one hit wonder. As I look at the rest of the schedule, the only game I don't think is winnable is the Pitt game as they've had our number. We only have to go 3-2 vs the remainder of the schedule to get to 8 wins and i think that's very doable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom