You can talent arguments versus USC but not against | Syracusefan.com

You can talent arguments versus USC but not against

IthacaBarrel

Shaky Potatoes
tulane... The offense played for a quarter and a half, Tulane adjusted and we didn't and then can't Hackett retreated into his shell. Shafer has been not very good this year other than the rutgers game.. tackling has gone down hill this year as well to many kids trying to make espn highlight videos

It appears that Graham will get more looks and rightfully so... fast and strong. The o line was horrendous yesterday and it slowly wore out nassib.

The corners were atrocious as well.. Thank god for the buy week, thank god. I think everyone needs a break, fans included. I still say we can beat anyone left on the schedule clearly have to play much much better, we can still go 4-8 or 9-3, IMO as bad as it is.

We will need to play the best game of dougs career to beat wvu, other than that we can beat the rest with a good effort. Wvu is bearable though but you need to get off to a fast start and force turnovers.. The problem is you can't get up enough on them and i would worry that if we got up early Marrone would retreat into a shell. uconn had it going yesterday for a bit but they needed tds not field goals.

Retreated into his shell = Hackett realized that our WR's couldn't get seperation and adjusted the game plan accordingly.

And the fact from the first drive Nassib could not hit wide open receiver...it is an execution problem not a play calling problem, you can only put the players in position to succeed, the players need to step up and make they plays

And the fact from the first drive Nassib could not hit wide open receiver...it is an execution problem not a play calling problem, you can only put the players in position to succeed, the players need to step up and make they plays

The USC fans were very impressed with Nassib and thought he was a good QB. What has changed? Hmmm. In the NFL WRs aren't open very often so you need routes similar to what we use. Timing routes are a staple. In college kids are open ALL the time. To have a successful O you need nothing like what you need in the NFL. Nassib's struggles down the field and short. His strength is the intermediate stuff. The last two games I can count the intermediate throws on one hand. Teams have seen film on us. They are taking away the short stuff now. Calling a deep pass every now won't help. We need to change our routes or the passing game will stink the rest of the year.

Saw at least 5 throws 7-15 yards downfield that he either overthrew badly or threw in the feet. He played really well the first few weeks and I am afraid he has regressed to last seasons form where he was not that good, and he really seems to have lost his touch and is rifling the ball more than in the past. It was not the routes there was no excuse for those being that poorly thrown. I do not know if its confidence or he is being too hard on himself, but those were all on him he needs to make those plays

Saw at least 5 throws 7-15 yards downfield that he either overthrew badly or threw in the feet. He played really well the first few weeks and I am afraid he has regressed to last seasons form where he was not that good, and he really seems to have lost his touch and is rifling the ball more than in the past. It was not the routes there was no excuse for those being that poorly thrown. I do not know if its confidence or he is being too hard on himself, but those were all on him he needs to make those plays

Spot on! I recall one pass in the flat where Provo was wide open (an easy 8-10 yard pick-up) and Nassib's throw bounced near his feet...Provo had that What body language going on afterwards...very frustrating...

Nassib further proves that he's is not our long-term solution. I hope there's some legitimate competition at the QB position next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom