You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another | Page 7 | Syracusefan.com

You get another year, and you get another year, you all get another

Probably too late at this point. Beleive somone on this board said the Yale team (not sure if it was just seniors), all withdrew when this first happened. Question is do the underclassmen withdraw as well.

Yes a good amount have already, Sowers included. Most likely the ivy league will waiver the grad issue for one year to accommodate but most likely just for players already on teams rosters versus allowing in grad transfers.

if the IVY just got rid of the stupid 4 yr rule most of this goes away as an issue.

but still if you are a 3rd yr who RS yr 2 do you get 6 now is still out there as a question.

Per various Twitter reports, Tre LeClair (OSU), Ryan Terefenko (OSU) and Ryan Tierney are all coming back for a fifth year at their respective schools. Not sure if its more relevant to update who is coming back vs. who isn't coming back, but we'll start here.

Per various Twitter reports, Tre LeClair (OSU), Ryan Terefenko (OSU) and Ryan Tierney are all coming back for a fifth year at their respective schools. Not sure if its more relevant to update who is coming back vs. who isn't coming back, but we'll start here.

LeClair has been at OSU since 2005 or it feels that way at least.

LeClair has been at OSU since 2005 or it feels that way at least.

Never understood how that became a thing people say about LeClair. He didn't redshirt or anything like that. Maybe it's because he had an impact from day one at OSU and the last name is memorable. For me the "LEAVE ALREADY" guy is Concannon for Hopkins. Dude has been a half way decent mid since '98.

Never understood how that became a thing people say about LeClair. He didn't redshirt or anything like that. Maybe it's because he had an impact from day one at OSU and the last name is memorable. For me the "LEAVE ALREADY" guy is Concannon for Hopkins. Dude has been a half way decent mid since '98.

Its because he was pretty well known as a Frosh, I assume other teams think the same about Mellen. Concannon has been hurt a lot which I think has played a role in what seems like him hanging around forever. To me the guy is Charlambides, He's only a R-JR this past season but got a medical waiver already, I swear he has been there for the past decade.

Interesting ... any Ivy kid who Grad Transfers will count against the 12.6 limit. Only 4th/5th year seniors who remain at their current school are exempt for 2021.

Crazy. Entire ivy league will be operating with less firepower than every other conference. They may be nasty in their attempts to poach players now. Teat, Morrill, Ierlan, Salvatore... I know we have had our hostile encounters in the past but give us a call some time.

Man they really stuck it to them badly, ouch. Now there is some recourse as guys like Sowers are withdrawing and that will allow him to come back for the spring semester next year and finish up. Id be a bit concerned if some of these guys decide against that and grade transfer. Last thing we need is Ierlan ending up at UVA or Teat at Hopkins or some nonsense like that.

Interesting ... any Ivy kid who Grad Transfers will count against the 12.6 limit. Only 4th/5th year seniors who remain at their current school are exempt for 2021.

I'm confused, Ivy League athletes don't receive scholarship money, so how would the 12.6 limit change anything in regards to their ability to transfer? I imagine this will discourage a decent amount of Ivy League players coming back, but as Sowers has shown there is a workaround.

I'm confused, Ivy League athletes don't receive scholarship money, so how would the 12.6 limit change anything in regards to their ability to transfer? I imagine this will discourage a decent amount of Ivy League players coming back, but as Sowers has shown there is a workaround.

They would count against wherever they transfer to, no waiver for the season like a guy who say transferred from SU to another non Ivy school. If your bringing in a guy like Ierlan or Teat he's counting against the 12.6 versus the one year waiver.

Its because he was pretty well known as a Frosh, I assume other teams think the same about Mellen. Concannon has been hurt a lot which I think has played a role in what seems like him hanging around forever. To me the guy is Charlambides, He's only a R-JR this past season but got a medical waiver already, I swear he has been there for the past decade.
Been a long journey for Charambildes who is a heckuva attackman lest we forget he scoring six on us last year . Root for the kid as he's comeback from tearing his ACL twice in both 17 and 18 , missed and redshirted those two seasons . Played as frosh in 16 and rs soph in 19 . Given the added year of eligibility ,think he'll be able to play the 2022 season if he wanted to . Be seven years

Man they really stuck it to them badly, ouch. Now there is some recourse as guys like Sowers are withdrawing and that will allow him to come back for the spring semester next year and finish up. Id be a bit concerned if some of these guys decide against that and grade transfer. Last thing we need is Ierlan ending up at UVA or Teat at Hopkins or some nonsense like that.
I could see Teat here. Have a field day distributing

I could see Teat here. Have a field day distributing

I could to but I assume he will withdraw like Sowers and come back next year. Cornell has multiple Sr starters who will have to make a decison, you figure they will lose a decent amount over this decision. Thank god for the ACC.

of all the issues the Ivy presidents have right now throwing some of the best kids out is just dumb

Yeah but Sowers thought they were gonna be able to stay in school next yr and graduate from his school and now he can but not play or transfer but not graduate.

I could to but I assume he will withdraw like Sowers and come back next year. Cornell has multiple Sr starters who will have to make a decison, you figure they will lose a decent amount over this decision. Thank god for the ACC.

My understanding is Teat would only have to drop out of Cornell if he wanted to rejoin Cornell. He would still be an undergrad, so he wouldn't have exhausted his fourth year - they are saying you cannot be in grad school and play in the Ivy League (see Pannell, Rob). I thought this was why Sowers dropped out? Or by playing last year did that count as a full year, hence he played four years of lacrosse and his eligibility is exhausted? I'm so confused.

If this article by the Post-Standard is correct, players could still transfer, but they'd have to hope money is still available (again I don't know how you decide how much to allocate to the Ivy kids, an entire scholarship?) or they have to pay.

I do better with examples - take Rhefuss for instance. There are 12.5 scholarships distributed throughout the entire SU program. Say Rhefuss is getting half a scholarship right now, out of that 12.5 (this is totally made up, I have no idea what he gets ). My understanding is if he decides to come back, Syracuse could give him UP TO that half scholarship without it counting against next years allocation. So the incoming freshmen would still get their scholarship money they were promised before this all happened and everyone is (relatively) happy. But since Ivy League kids don't receive athletic scholarships, how do you decide how much money they would take up? Again, Rhefuss would just receive what he was getting last year.

Thanks to those who were able to get through all this.

My understanding is Teat would only have to drop out of Cornell if he wanted to rejoin Cornell. He would still be an undergrad, so he wouldn't have exhausted his fourth year - they are saying you cannot be in grad school and play in the Ivy League (see Pannell, Rob). I thought this was why Sowers dropped out? Or by playing last year did that count as a full year, hence he played four years of lacrosse and his eligibility is exhausted? I'm so confused.

If this article by the Post-Standard is correct, players could still transfer, but they'd have to hope money is still available (again I don't know how you decide how much to allocate to the Ivy kids, an entire scholarship?) or they have to pay.

I do better with examples - take Rhefuss for instance. There are 12.5 scholarships distributed throughout the entire SU program. Say Rhefuss is getting half a scholarship right now, out of that 12.5 (this is totally made up, I have no idea what he gets ). My understanding is if he decides to come back, Syracuse could give him UP TO that half scholarship without it counting against next years allocation. So the incoming freshmen would still get their scholarship money they were promised before this all happened and everyone is (relatively) happy. But since Ivy League kids don't receive athletic scholarships, how do you decide how much money they would take up? Again, Rhefuss would just receive what he was getting last year.

Thanks to those who were able to get through all this.

Yes your example is correct at least thats how I read it. Per your other point yes dropping out/withdrawing is the same thing and it was done previously by Rob Panell when he broke his foot. Now I don't know if there is a specific date you have to do this by for each school, because if there is it may have already passes and withdrawing might not be an option. The interesting thing is if teams will have money for the IVY transfers, I am sure a school will find resources for an Ierlan or Teat but with the big boys already having allocated money to incoming frosh classes it may not be that easy for most of the big time players. SU usually leaves some wiggle room but it would be hard to see how they could offer anything close to a full ride even if Tear or Ierlan wanted to come ( I don't think SU would go after Ierlan at this point to be honest). Very interested to see how this plays out.

I can't figure this one out. I think my supervisor while I was a compliance intern is going to get a phone call soon because all of this stuff in general has been really interesting to me.

Also, the Ivy League is gross when it comes to athletics. They're hypocritical and stuff like not giving seniors an extra year is garbage.

Take care of our own first . Hope Refhuss returns.

Some aargh coming our way soon

They would count against wherever they transfer to, no waiver for the season like a guy who say transferred from SU to another non Ivy school. If your bringing in a guy like Ierlan or Teat he's counting against the 12.6 versus the one year waiver.
Interesting. So do players lose their "corona" year if they transfer from any school?

Also, the Ivy League is gross when it comes to athletics. They're hypocritical and stuff like not giving seniors an extra year is garbage.
They're full of inconsistencies. Hoops can play in the NCAA tournament, but football can't play in the FBS playoffs. :rolleyes:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom