YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD | Syracusefan.com

YOU GUYS MAY BLAST ME AND GO AHEAD

retro44

Living Legend
But Ennis is a big ten guard playing for Syracuse.

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.

Even when no pressure he never gets the ball over half court until the 27 second mark and he could have very easily had 2 ten second violations. Proof is all over the place.

This style will not translate to the pro level well as he takes too long to set up the offense. Think 24 second clock.

I know some say it's because the our zone slows the game down, I say B.S. we are slowing the game down even more.

I guess a win is a win, but I love some run and gun offense and this offense is getting big ten boring.
loving me some Ennis, B1G type guard or not.SUball

tumblr_inline_mrljc7XOUd1qz4rgp.gif

Pretty sure he's running the offense the way the coach wants him to run it, and there was no reason to push the tempo against UNC. I don't think this SU team is built to outscore teams, it's built to win with defense.

Your opinion is your opinion. You are known to complain a lot. If we continue winning and playing good defense, I will take 50-60 points any day. As far as Ennis not translating to the pro level, maybe we will have him for a few more years. That would be a good thing.

Sometimes the personnel dictates the offensive scheme. This Syracuse team, when they're not having a bad shooting day, is a pretty darn good half court offense team. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

you're right of course. If we were running we would be unbeaten right now.

when you play like he does its because you have some court brains- if he brings it up slow there is a reason

They weren't calling them though and Ennis knew that.

We ran Ennis all the way to the rim today he didn't stall in the lane probably because we didn't need to, but he stil had 7 asssists, and some huge second half driving buckets.

JB took the air out of the ball the entire second half it only makes sense for him to use 8 seconds getting it over the halfline the entire half. We were scoring one on one and unc had no outside shooting take away their transition and its good strategy.

shaky potatoes post

I think you wrote this cuz you're lacking attention today.

I don't care if he is a B1G, ACC or even Patriot league type PG; there is no way he will not excel at the next level. He is one of the highest basketball IQs I have seen in awhile. He will have a Mark Jackson type career at the next level. He may have taken it slow but who cares if we win by scoring 50 points or 80 points. If we would have hit 5 more shots we would have been in the 70s. I will take his slow and steady pace all day long over any other PG in the nation.

Pretty sure he's running the offense the way the coach wants him to run it, and there was no reason to push the tempo against UNC. I don't think this SU team is built to outscore teams, it's built to win with defense.

Exactly right. UNC teams always love to run, so why would we allow them to dictate the pace that best suits them?

He has an incredible basketball IQ. It's pretty amazing when one guy can control the pace of an entire game. Today he slowed things down once we had a big lead--I don't think he cares whether you found it exciting to watch. I'm pretty sure if JB told him we want a high scoring shootout he could make it happen as well.

Pretty sure Jimmy took the air out of the ball around the 8-9 minute mark when it became apparent UNC had no answer to the 2-3 zone whatsoever.

This

It's gotta take an awful post not to get tee'd up. That post ain't getting tee'd up.

The only way Carolina could win this game is if it turned into a run and gun fast break shootout. Ennis made sure that didn't happen.

We have been winning with defense the last two years (and longer, but that's another thread). I think I get your point, yes, the game has slowed down. General's pre-game post was right on the mark --there is no reason to get in a track meet with Carolina. If you are bored, maybe a few losses will make it more exciting for you. If you are tired of winning, this isn't the team to follow.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom