You guys still wanna pass a hat to keep Shafer here? | Syracusefan.com

You guys still wanna pass a hat to keep Shafer here?

Dcuse

All Conference
Guy has been thee worst DC in the country 4 weeks running now.
Cincy has exactly ONE guy who can hurt you on offense. What a masterful game plan to stop him.
Some think he is Lombardi though.

i'm starting to believe that this is true, i mean look at his body of work at michigan before he got here. last years team was loaded on d it wasn't schafer

Get rid of Hackett and Schafer. Marrone will be on the hot seat next year, anyone who says otherwise is kidding themselves.

Shafer is a good coach. The problem is the offense. We think the problem is the defense because we see so much of them.

Why do we see the defense so much? Because the offense is terrible.

we have nothing to work with-
marrone hasnt recruited anyone and the great gurus best class has graduated-

think this is bad-wait till next year- i bet schaefer gets a better gig based off his first 2 su seasons when he had some talent-this year we have none-

also no defense works if the linebackers are slow with no eye for the game like ours are

Yeah, it was Shafer's fault Shamarko just stood there and watched as the TE caught the ball and went into the end zone.

we have nothing to work with-
marrone hasnt recruited anyone and the great gurus best class has graduated-

think this is bad-wait till next year- i bet schaefer gets a better gig based off his first 2 su seasons when he had some talent-this year we have none-

also no defense works if the linebackers are slow with no eye for the game like ours are[/quote
One linebacker is slow

Sent from my DROIDX @ the Dome using Tapatalk

Yeah, it was Shafer's fault Shamarko just stood there and watched as the TE caught the ball and went into the end zone.

Whose fault was it that on 2nd and 30 Pead gains 31 on the ground. That on like 5 3rd and at least 9's we can't get off the field. That the same QB fake and run around end hasn't been stopped for 15 consecutive quarters?
Must be all on Shamarko,right?

yeah the defense isn't all that talented, but at the same time he continues to have the same game plan every week it seem, and he should know by now that our back seven does not play zone coverage well. keep the linebackers up front to stop the run (which they are much better suited for) and let the safeties and corners play their game at man (which they're better suited for)

The argument that he has nothing to work with is garbage. The guys on this defense are twice as athletic as some of the GROB teams. And in the Big East - the other team's offensive players are not exactly 5 start recruits either. This defense gets shredded every week playing mostly barely average offenses. Cincinnati has a back up QB throwing flair passes to the RB on 3 or 4 consecutive plays and SU can't stop it.

" i bet schaefer gets a better gig based off his first 2 su seasons"

How much money you got?You'll learn how to spell his name before he gets another offer.

dbacks are so concerned about the run they play way off the receievers-

they understand the dline is worthless and the backers arent good enough for div ochocinco

Shafer is a good coach. The problem is the offense. We think the problem is the defense because we see so much of them.

Gee, how about because THEY CAN'T GET OFF THE FIELD!

Cincy has exactly ONE guy who can hurt you on offense. What a masterful game plan to stop him.

Wow. I wish I was mod.

Body of work at Michigan????

The guy was there one year and was forced to run RichRod's 3-3-5.

Not saying Shafer hasn't earned his share of critcism this year, but let's be reasonable.

Near the end of the 3rd and the possession is almost exactly the same.

No so the mods could delete the thread as anything that hints of negative thoughts about DM is frowned upon here.

No so the mods could delete the thread as anything that hints of negative thoughts about DM is frowned upon here.

What are you smoking - Marrone has been bashed on here since the beginning of the season. The mods have "bashed" him just in the last 2 weeks. No idea what site your referring to.

Doesn't matter - the defense has been atrocious and it has zero to do with time on the field.
I'm not saying the defense hasn't been bad. It has. I am saying that Shafer is a coach worth having though. His defense has not performed well. Those issues are exacerbated by the performance of the offense.

This is what I think is happening, and I'm not saying you're the one doing it, just that it's happening. People on the board don't want the blame to be at Marrone's feet. The defense is the only unit on the team where he clearly doesn't have his fingers in the pie. So, who does the board look to if they want to explain the team's performance without sticking it on Marrone?

This has not been a sterling stretch of games by the D. To make it worse, Cincy was only a QB tripping over his own feet/overthrown pass to a wide open receiver in the end zone/missed 30-ish yard FG from having another 7 points.

What is the most troubling to me are the missed tackles on D. So many of them and wildly unacceptable
Also, since the opener we have had a habit of making mediocre QB's look good and lousy QB's look respectable.

I have said this before; our offense sucks but our D has been poor as well.

This is what I think is happening, and I'm not saying you're the one doing it, just that it's happening. People on the board don't want the blame to be at Marrone's feet. The defense is the only unit on the team where he clearly doesn't have his fingers in the pie. So, who does the board look to if they want to explain the team's performance without sticking it on Marrone?

I disagree. I personally feel that this season has been a meltdown everywhere; O, D, and ST...Marrone is the big cheese so he ultimately shoulders the blame for all of it. That said, the O has taken heat, and ST have taken heat. all justified. The D has been strangely immune to some justified criticism.