you know it's football season when you hear | Syracusefan.com

you know it's football season when you hear

texascpa

Living Legend
Brent Musberger's voice. He's calling the Montana/North Dakota state game. So awesome.

Big fan of Brent, but Montana/North Dakota st, my have the mighty have fallen.

I believe he lives (or did for a while) out in Big Sky country.

Big fan of Brent, but Montana/North Dakota st, my have the mighty have fallen.

Jesse Palmer is working with him. Jesse's done several of our games ;)

Oh and NDSU has a qb that could go first round next year's draft.

Brent worked last season with Palmer after working with Herbie. Looks like he's paired with Palmer again. Herbie and Fowler work together now. Going to miss Fowler on Gameday.

I'm not watching the game today, but NDSU has had unbelievable success and usually are fun to watch.

Jesse Palmer is working with him. Jesse's done several of our games ;)

Oh and NDSU has a qb that could go first round next year's draft.

Ndsu is loaded, they would beat us right now by a couple of tds, its just strange seeing the big game voice of college fb, doing a fcs game in august.

Ndsu is loaded, they would beat us right now by a couple of tds, its just strange seeing the big game voice of college fb, doing a fcs game in august.

FBS hasn't started yet and NDSU are the 4 time defending champs. On the halftime show a bit ago, McMurphy said NDSU is ranked higher than 10 power 5 teams preseason. I think you can safely assume we are one of the 10. It is odd hearing Brent you are right but very cool

NDSU was stupid to throw it twice on their last drive. If they had run the ball and milked some time off the clock, Montana would have never been in position to win.

NDSU was stupid to throw it twice on their last drive. If they had run the ball and milked some time off the clock, Montana would have never been in position to win.

Yep, but it was still a great game with a great ending. Let's hope every college game is like that.

Brent Musberger's voice. He's calling the Montana/North Dakota state game. So awesome.

And this first game of the year may go down as one of the best of the year. I love college football at all levels!

How has he fallen? There was only one college fb game being played in the entire country today and he was picked to call it. Sounds like he's on top.

Its a fcs game, normally it would get the espn d team.

Its a fcs game, normally it would get the espn d team.

Brian, were you saying the same thing last year when ESPN Game Day crew broadcast from North Dakota?

NDSU has beaten FBS teams each of the last 5 years, they have won for FCS title games in a row. Montana won prior to them. When they're on, they don't warrant the D team.

Brian, were you saying the same thing last year when ESPN Game Day crew broadcast from North Dakota?

NDSU has beaten FBS teams each of the last 5 years, they have won for FCS title games in a row. Montana won prior to them. When they're on, they don't warrant the D team.

No not at all, this wasn't meant to bash ndsu, they are an fcs dynasty, and would probably blow our doors off right now. Its just odd seeing Brent do an fcs game.

No not at all, this wasn't meant to bash ndsu, they are an fcs dynasty, and would probably blow our doors off right now. Its just odd seeing Brent do an fcs game.

okay. I will admit I was surprised when I heard his voice, but I didn't take it as a slight. Given he grew up in Montana and it was the only game, I can see why he was assigned to it. He and Jesse are also the lead SEC Network guys, so maybe ESPN used this as an opportunity for working out any early season kinks.

Maybe it was on of the rare opportunities in his career to give his home state some love and Brent wanted to do the game.

Brent lives in Missoula, MT. He loved doing this game. What ESPN did to him during the season is a joke. He shouldn't be doing the SEC Network Primetime game each week. If ESPN wanted to give Chris Fowler the #1 slot fine even though I would have left Brent in that role, but they should have just put Brent in the ESPN or ESPN 2 Primetime rotation instead of doing SECN GOTW.

imho musberger is the worst announcer EVER for football. he is a huge front runner, no matter what he is announcing. whoever is in the lead is the greatest team on earth. total waste of time. even chris sckenkel was much better than B.M.(imho short for u know what) . it was an excellent game though---i give bm a pass if he chose to live there. missoula mt. is beautiful, and i enjoyed the game. keith jackson and pat hayden (?) were the best combo of announcers

Last edited:
tipphill said:
imho musberger is the worst announcer EVER for football. he is a huge front runner, no matter what he is announcing. whoever is in the lead is the greatest team on earth. total waste of time. even chris sckenkel was much better than B.M.(imho short for u know what) . it was an excellent game though---i give bm a pass if he chose to live there. missoula mt. is beautiful, and i enjoyed the game. keith jackson and pat hayden (?) were the best combo of announcers

Tipp - we finally sound something to agree on. His voice annoys me to no end.

I couldn't stand Brent when he was with CBS in his prime but he's grown on me in his later years. Seems to have a lot of fun with his broadcasts. I feel sorry that he had to put up with blowhard Billy Packer all those years

I couldn't stand Brent when he was with CBS in his prime but he's grown on me in his later years. Seems to have a lot of fun with his broadcasts. I feel sorry that he had to put up with blowhard Billy Packer all those years
my favorite hoops announcer of all time al maguire called packer out on a broadcast as an acc homey---cost al regular announcing gig--i miss al's announcing