You know what they say "Offense wins games, Defense wins championships" | Syracusefan.com

You know what they say "Offense wins games, Defense wins championships"

The thread title is not true. This is true: games are won in the trenches; defense wins championships; offense draws casual fans and titillates the masses.

The thread title is not true. This is true: games are won in the trenches; defense wins championships; offense draws casual fans and titillates the masses.
alabama scores 39 a game. higher offensive yards per play than oregon (6th in the country)

even ND is one spot ahead of SU in offensive yards per play

being good at both wins championships

being good on offense is easier if you're a non factory

Shafer or Hackett, neither will remain a coordinator for long. Both have shown they are creative and work well with kids. They motivate the kids to perform well above their ratings. They are both good talent evaluators. Some college will give each a shot within a few years, I have no issue with Syracuse offering either the job (I know, I may regret that, but I regret the GROB hiring, too), especially if the other stays on.

I prefer Shafer over Hackett because I think he is better prepared than Hackett for the HC position at this time.

Given that we are not going to win championships anytime soon, who cares? Offense puts fans in the seats, brings in recruits, and gets you on TV. This is not difficult.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warriors826

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom