You should not be surprised at the ACC-Maryland Outcome | Syracusefan.com

You should not be surprised at the ACC-Maryland Outcome

arbitragegls

All Conference
As the STEALTH side whispers were saying nearly 6 months ago and recently a month ago the following:

"Stealth side whispers believe that a settlement in the range of $30,000,000+ will be negotiated...this is showing just have bankrupt Univ of Maryland is insofar as athletic $$$$$$(in a big hole that the B1G $$ will not bail out for a number of years). "
It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The order of the 'Cuse Orange..
arbitragegls, Jul 17, 2014
EditDeleteReport
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now the real fun is about to begin. Until the ACC-Law suit was in the books, discussion of the ACCNetwork could not be more than a whisper...it would have been difficult for the ACC to announce the coming of the ACC network prior to this case being settled or ending in a court case. Without public discussion of The ACC network, the money to be made would not be an issue the Univ of Maryland defense could use...how could the loss of Maryland hurt the ACC. Instead, The ACC has played the network very close to the vest...and it is meaningful...if you recall the whisphers have indicated that the ACC network is 2017 or earlier and that ACC/ESPN/SEC may have something up their sleeves...well, now the WHISPERS are getting set to roar...2017 may be in too distant future...wonder what Syracuse is going to do with new found money...and I do not mean an entra $1,500,000+ from the settlement...stand by and lets discuss openly what the STEALTH side has been whispering between the lines...it really is:

It's Good to be 'Cuse!! The Order of the 'Cuse Orange..

Arb: Any news on if Cuse and Pitt will they get a full share of the settlement?

Another poster on the basketball board brought up a good point. The funds could be used to but back the tier 3 rights. I'm sure the contract has a buy back provision or a cancel clause.

The Big 10 is going to find out, how adding 2 bad football programs, kills bidding on their new contract. ESPN doesn't need content from a bad football conference, they have the SEC, ACC, Texas, part of Notre Dame, and part of the Big 12. The Big 10 is just filling space they could use for programs the nation really wants to watch. Their basketball is boring , and haven't won anything since 2000, even with all the good seeds they get.

Another poster on the basketball board brought up a good point. The funds could be used to but back the tier 3 rights. I'm sure the contract has a buy back provision or a cancel clause.

You know how whiny and greedy FSU folks are about the financial disbursement, and I'm no different. But this is exactly what I would do, considering nobody was really damaged by the MD move.

Put this aside for the costs of a network, either the rights buy back, or toward network infrastructure, or whatever. As long as it's being held for something that will clearly increase revenue, I'm all for it.

You know how whiny and greedy FSU folks are about the financial disbursement, and I'm no different. But this is exactly what I would do, considering nobody was really damaged by the MD move.

Put this aside for the costs of a network, either the rights buy back, or toward network infrastructure, or whatever. As long as it's being held for something that will clearly increase revenue, I'm all for it.
I'm all for it too Lou.

This makes too much sense...which is probably why it won't happen.:noidea:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom