You'll like the cake we're baking here... | Syracusefan.com

You'll like the cake we're baking here...

ckbss.jpg

Seriously - lock this guy up for the next 10 years.

His personality & approach alone make him worth it.

Gone are the days of monosyllabic grunts/mumbles (luv ya coach P), incoherent babbling (Sorry Gerg, we thought you could but you can't), anal retentive paranoia (adieux St. Do-gay) and hard nosed bravado.

Thank God & baby Jesus.

Seriously - lock this guy up for the next 10 years.

His personality & approach alone make him worth it.

Gone are the days of monosyllabic grunts/mumbles (luv ya coach P), incoherent babbling (Sorry Gerg, we thought you could but you can't), anal retentive paranoia (adieux St. Do-gay) and hard nosed bravado.

Thank God & baby Jesus.
Great post.

this is all great and all (i think he's the right choice for HC). i hope he does make some subtle changes over time. There is no way his plan can port 100% to ACC without some tweaks. Great coaches will evaluate these coaches in offseason and determine if we want the worst defense in football, no matter the players. Marrone did this part wonderfully. He may have fell into his ultimate offense but he tweaked.

I just hope Dino sticks around to see the plan through. I'm praying he does. I feel like we have an adult running the program.

We need to remember there are progression trees to all these plays.. maybe on some plays the guys can get thru the progressions pretty well. maybe on other plays they bog down.. it could bethe D changes up at the half that forces the players into the 2-3-4 part of the play and people are not on the same page. we clearly see the offense have issues when the D makes its changes.. the good thing is that the 2nd half of uconn and ND while not being great were actually much better. uconn we only had the ball a few times so it was lost , but the ND 2nd half we moved the ball, but the penalties and drops and struggles in the red zone made it look worse than it was. its one things against UL to not even have open guys, at least the last 2 games the plays were there to be made, just not the execution.

No more easy bake ovens, this baby is going to be top notch.

I agree I would be fine with hitching the wagon to Dino long term and rolling the dice, improved facilities, gradual improving of the talent on the staff and on the field, slow gradual improvements and get us back to respectability over a period of 3-4 years. Does loyalty go both ways? have to hope so.

We know he will get the offense on track and the D will be a work in progress for the forseeable future, no quick fixes to any of our problems with this program, attendance, etc. First 2 years could be really rough though and I am OK with that

I know people will say "a press conference is just a press conference," and that you can't really read anything from one.

I disagree. You can understand a coach's mental makeup and the critical thinking approach he takes when evaluating questions and giving thoughtful answers.

Babers is very good at communicating and despite what some media members would like to gather from him, I believe his communication methods to the team are on point and get through to them.

As I mentioned in a previous post, he sees what everyone here sees too - that we are deficient in size, speed and talent in a number of key areas on this team. And he's openly honest about that - we will either develop or bring in kids that can get the job done.

He's not delusional enough to think that his system is just going to automatically win because it's a great system. Unlike a few other coaches we have had in the past, he's a realist. And I appreciate that.

I love Babers. We're lucky to have this guy, I'd give him a 10 year deal.

I'm not sure I'll see a better coach in my lifetime at Syracuse.

When he has over 100 wins, has us back in the top 25, and we beat Clemson 41-0 in a bowl game then please let me know.

i would like the batter better if there were bigger ol and dl recruits in the incoming class. we have 6 wr, and very few of the beef guys. hope he lands a couple.

When he has over 100 wins, has us back in the top 25, and we beat Clemson 41-0 in a bowl game then please let me know.

he's definitely the guy to get us back in the top 25 and a big bowl win (it wont be clemson if i have to point that out). highly unlikely another single coach will ever win 100 games here.

I think the next guy who takes over from coach Mac can achieve those goals.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom