You'll love this article | Syracusefan.com

You'll love this article

Just Doyel doing his thing, which is trolling.

Agreed. I'm not a Doyel fan, but I don't think in general he's as bad as some on this board make him out to be. His shtick is about taking controversial positions on controversial subjects. Why pay attention or take the bait? He doesn't mean 90% of what he says--he's just trolling for reactions, and by tomorrow he'll be on to some other hot button subject.

Maybe Doyel should sit close to K-Rat during a game, or better yet his wife and daughters. For grins he could count the number of F-Bombs they throw out.

Agreed. I'm not a Doyel fan, but I don't think in general he's as bad as some on this board make him out to be. His shtick is about taking controversial positions on controversial subjects. Why pay attention or take the bait? He doesn't mean 90% of what he says--he's just trolling for reactions, and by tomorrow he'll be on to some other hot button subject.

Because 'bees agrees with him, that's why he is paying attention.

Did CJ really say this? "Maybe if we didn't get the techs, we probably still had a chance to win," Fair said. "We lost by [six]? He made three of the four free throws. You do the math."

If this article was written about Jamie Dixon after a Dixon blowup, we all would be agreeing.

Just saying...

I generally avoid anything that Doyel writes. Don't care for his "look at me" writing style.

If this article was written about Jamie Dixon after a Dixon blowup, we all would be agreeing.

Just saying...

I probably would. Because until Jamie Dixon accomplishes something in March, I'll never give him the benefit of the doubt. I just assume everything he does is wrong, because he sucks.

RF2044 said:

What's funny is his tweet a few hours before he wrote the article. Notice a certain word?

@GreggDoyelCBS: I'm writing on Boeheim's meltdown last night - and his reaction to his meltdown - because of course I am. #Hottakecoming #Troll #shaddup

What's funny is his tweet a few hours before he wrote the article. Notice a certain word?

@GreggDoyelCBS: I'm writing on Boeheim's meltdown last night - and his reaction to his meltdown - because of course I am. #Hottakecoming #Troll #shaddup

Exactly. He knows what he is. But as long as someone keeps paying him to do it, why stop?

He went after JB and SU hard on the Bernie thing. Wanted to be in front of it. Didn't really work out.

Gregg apparently is the one person in the world who somehow thinks it is a compliment to be compared to Skip Bayless.

Yup--that says it all.

Love how he hangs around in the comments to thank the people who compliment him.

Did CJ really say this? "Maybe if we didn't get the techs, we probably still had a chance to win," Fair said. "We lost by [six]? He made three of the four free throws. You do the math."

He did. He took the bait in a frustrating, emotional post game interview. He's a college kid. He'll learn. I'm sure JB doesn't give a crap. ESPN loves it, though. Was on ESPN News quite a bit this afternoon.

NBA teams have PR people around just to steer players clear of that post game diarrhea of the mouth.

He did. He took the bait in a frustrating, emotional post game interview. He's a college kid. He'll learn. I'm sure JB doesn't give a crap. ESPN loves it, though. Was on ESPN News quite a bit this afternoon.

NBA teams have PR people around just to steer players clear of that post game diarrhea of the mouth.

Surprised CJ took the bait. I'd have to hear context and tone. What he stated was the truth. That being said, I'd say JB forced things to CJ in the BC game to get his senior leader going, perhaps to the detriment to the team given how cold he was and has been. JB likely consciously kept a team in the game more than he needed (which resulted in embarrasing loss) in exchange for the longer term benefits of breaking CJ out of his slump. Can't believe CJ would turn around and blame JB for losing any chance they had in the next game vs Duke. Kind of tough to know how the kids should react because we've never seen anything like that before.

If a player had done that, he'd be sitting at least one game, if not more. I love the brand Boeheim has created, a perennial force, but it's OK to love the program, root for the team, and acknowledge that a 69-year-old Hall of Famer needs to have more self control than that. If that were an NBA coach or player, he'd be cutting a nice check to the league and sitting out some games.

We hate him at Duke too. Pretty sure everyone hates him.

Carolina people hate him as well. Holy crap, we have found something we all agree on.

To make it even better, state fans generally like him. :rolling:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom