Young coach to keep an eye on | Syracusefan.com

Young coach to keep an eye on

Status
Not open for further replies.

kcsu

Living Legend
First and foremost i believe Dino is staying. My one caveat is USC which if offered he most likely would accept.
Jason Candle the head coach of Toledo is someone i have followed for awhile. He is considered a great offensive mind and an excellent recruiter. His overall record at Toledo is strong although this year they are up and down. Ohio roots.
I like MAC coaches as for the most part they do well when they step up to P5 schools. He is someone to keep an eye on.

I think the UB Coach makes most sense to replace Dino if need be

Agree. Pretty long track record of success at multiple stops. Surprised he's not getting more buzz. Turner Gill was in the convo for major jobs after one winning season.

I dont think dino leaves, barring a godfather offer from a very short list of schools.

Even at that, he’s collected a lot of talent he’s not going to just leave. On paper 2019 and 2020 have a lot more talent than 2018x

I think Dino stays. But:

- offensive minded coach with HC experience
- no moral or ethical red flags
- well respected by peers

That’s the list.

I think he stays but my requirements would be -

- defensive minded coach with a meat head philosophy.
- moral issues are a plus.
- his peers despise him due to his arrogance and selfishness.
- refuses to waste his time recruiting in NJ
- I also want a coach who fights for the bye to be week 1 every season.

Seems like an obvious list, granted but - we’ve not hired an offensive minded coach with HC experience prior to um Dino in the color tv era so

Northeast recruiting ties are an absolute must, especially in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

What style of offense are Toledo and UB running? I know they are based, but is it RPO? And then is it more veer and shoot or air raid?

I have made it very clear that there is a list of about five schools Dino would leave for. But if the time ever came, we will need a close product to what Dino has. I want to see Lewis develop, cupboard was bare at Kent St when he got there.

Northeast recruiting ties are an absolute must, especially in Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire.

We've got to stop ceding that recruiting region to Bates, Dartmouth and UCONN.

Jay Norvell @ Nevada with Matt Mummie Hal's kid to follow him as OC is my clear cut choice.

Stop this replacement talk! Stop. Right. Now.:mad:
I do agree with this post. Can we please nuke this talk and just enjoy what we have. Have trust in our administration that they will do right by Dino. And that Dino will be here to usher in the revival of Syracuse football!

Must hate ISIS and bring that up in key, random moments completely out of context...

Dino is staying. He’s not not staying. So don’t worry about it.

Coach must be bad enough to never warrant any other inquiries from other teams looking to hire him away. Must be willing to stay here until he’s fired

Must be a Syracuse native and alumni never to have lived anywhere else outside Onondaga county.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom